By barrysoetero at 2011-05-20

010nf.jpg

003ldv.jpg

005pnf.jpg

Re: got a double coon last night

That's interesting. Usually when i see multiple coons sharing food they all sit with their backs to each other so no one looks anyone else in the eye.

Looks like a real pretty spot, besides.

You ever eat coon? I"ve heard it is good, but never had any.
Got a good recipe?
Lotsa coon track in the creek next to my house. Near right time of year for young coon. Tender.

My mom cooked one in a NESCO cooker for a wild game feed. used beer and broth (can't remember if it was chicken or beef) in the bottom with onion celery and carrot if I remember right. Low and slow like in a crock pot. Very greasy, kinda stringy, but ohh so tender and very tasty.

Nice catch...Romeo and Juliet? I have trapped a great deal in the past. I paid for my first car with fur money....those were the days. Shame I didn't know how quickly the GD bunny huggers would bring it to an end.
Coon is very good and I keep threatening every fall to get the 1.5 coils and Conibears out and fill my freezer maybe this fall.
Like bear don't forget the sweeter spices along with cayenne. The coon is simply a north american panda, so think bear meat.
I caught 22 beavers the winter of 2004-2005 for homeowners. I ate a LOT of beaver that year
smile.gif

That is a very cool catch! Not sure I've ever seen a double in any kind of trap. Paid for a lot of dates in high school by trapping...

As for eating them... really? I didn't know people ate raccoon.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: guntard007</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My mom cooked one in a NESCO cooker for a wild game feed. used beer and broth (can't remember if it was chicken or beef) in the bottom with onion celery and carrot if I remember right. Low and slow like in a crock pot. Very greasy, kinda stringy, but ohh so tender and very tasty.</div></div>

I guess that now makes you a coon ass eatin' yank?????
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 500grains</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Frankly coons gross me out. But I would eat a beaver. </div></div>

Yep I like beaver especially shaved!

My dad. Told a story about a guy he made a visit too and had a coon in the boiling pot. When my dad seen the little.hands flopping around to the beat of boiling water he just said no thanks I will pass on the coon stew. I had two pet coons as pets as a boy and could never kill one. But I know they raise a lot of he'll for folks in the states down there. As a trapper I say pretty lucky on the double header pretty rare.