Got to shoot my new DPMS SASS

GMR

Private
Minuteman
Aug 5, 2010
Prescott AZ
www.gmrperformance.com
I found some time when it was not pouring rain here to shoot. Breaking in the barrel I have 80 rounds though it now. I was able to shoot just under a 1 inch group at 100 yards. Not bad for cheap ammo.

I am very pleased with the gun as a "out of the box shooter"

Will be doing some more shooting soon need to get out to the 1000 yard stuff, still pretty muddy up here though. Will post back when I get some better test at long range in. Hoping the gun will keep at 1 moa for the long range stuff.

Re: Got to shoot my new DPMS SASS

You'll be even more pleased with it once you start getting some match ammo or reloads run through it. They are very capable rifles out of the box and even more so with a little "fine tuning!"

Congrats!

Re: Got to shoot my new DPMS SASS

42.5 varget 178 amax LC brass is what I shoot through mine. Light load but very accurate. I have also found great accuracy with win brass 45 grains varget but it is a hot load. 2.8" overall. 168's I didn't have much luck with but 175+ I have found accuracy from 2400fps muzzle all the way to 2530fps using 3 different powders so stick to heavies. Mine has a JP pin to tighten up the receiver and a carrier weight system.