gps tracker for pelican case

loboman7x57

Private
Minuteman
Dec 14, 2008
saginaw,mi
I am heading to Kodiak Island the end of the month to hunt with my son who lives there. I'm flying with a rifle/scope combo worth 2500+, my 10mm pistol, ammo, and knives in a Pelican case. I would like to put a GPS tracker inside the case but am not sure which if any will be usable being inside the Pelican. Anyone here have any knowledge about these things? I don't want it on the outside of the case where a thief could just rip it off and toss it.

Samsung galaxy smart tag. In a few years, you should switch to apple. I’ve used both and sending videos or pictures over apple is always way better
Unless you use something else to send them. I do WhatsApp with my family.

Ive got an s20+ and the wife is iPhone 12pro.

I have an android, I think those only work with apple.
Figured that response could be a gamble. Agree with @clefairy on the galaxy tag. Haven't gotten into those since wife loses her stuff more than I do.

Unless you use something else to send them. I do WhatsApp with my family.

Ive got an s20+ and the wife is iPhone 12pro.

Figured that response could be a gamble. Agree with @clefairy on the galaxy tag. Haven't gotten into those since wife loses her stuff more than I do.
It’s just not the same clarity for WhatsApp. I can message my wife and friends 3 minute long videos over iPhones and the video is clear as if I recorded it with their phone. Thats the only pro for me that Apple has over android.

I have an android, I think those only work with apple.

They should work thru the android devices signal by piggybacking off of it. A couple of years ago, a guy on another forum had a new custom rifle lost by the airline my late wife worked for, she eventually found the rifle for the guy. Everyone who used airtags has reported that even without an Apple device nearby, they were able to locate the item. I have Airtags embedded in every custom rifle I own.

The tag will even alert someone if they are being followed by an airtag, like being stalked. I know when I am not near one of mine, I can still see the location either thru wifi or my android home phone.

Reactions: loboman7x57