• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Green Hornet

medic103

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 10, 2005
Parkland, FL
www.facebook.com
My wife got a new light for her website pics, and she says it's supposed to simulate daylight, so I wanted to test it with the Birdsong finish. I grabbed my Tac-Ops Green Hornet and grabbed some pics... Thought I'd post so some can see Mike's work and details up close. I still don't think the Green-T is fairly represented with this lighting, but it's hard get it right in anything less than natural sunlight.

* video is on youtube now *

Ruger 77/22 integrally suppressed rifle done by Tac-Ops.

This rifles purpose is for the easy removal of guard dogs, porch lights, and security cameras. I can' t vouch for it's effectiveness in any of those duties, but I will say it effortlessly handles possum, raccoon, cats, and maybe even a neighbors much too noisy parrot that got loose and lived in a tree outside my bedroom window for about a week
cool.gif

IMG_1049.jpg

IMG_1051.jpg

Mike made the serial number my sons initials and date of birth ( blotted out ).

IMG_1052.jpg

Re: Green Hornet

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DesertMonkey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Okay that is SWEET!!
smile.gif
^^^ got any pics of the whole rifle?
</div></div>
This^^ and pics of the whole Tac Ops collection, I know your holding back lol

I'm a professional Firefighter who spends every third day living with 5 other guys for 24hrs. All we do is make fun of each other, nothing is off limits, and I mean nothing... I can handle whatever this crowd has...

You have to admit, the song is bad ass....lol...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ADT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you and JRose are Firefighters I'm considering it as a profession
smile.gif
</div></div>

It's a good gig if you can get it! You get cool engraving on your rifles...

DSC02858.jpg

That is a sweet rifle. Been wanting one of those ever since I saw it over on the site.

If you don't mind my asking, how much did the rifle come to? And does the intrigral supressor on this rifle count as a supressor or not?

More info man come on now.

Yes, it's a suppressor. You still need to do the NFA paperwork.

I'm not going to post the price, as I didn't pay full price, ( it was my 3rd TacOps rifle ) and I don't know what Mike is asking for them now. I do know that they are above $2k.

Take into consideration Ruger 77/22, action/trigger work, barrel work, suppressor, suppressor fitted to action, stock textured and painted, all metal Birdsong'd, and bolt handle work ( which is harder to install than a 700 according to Mike ).

I wouldn't win any 22 BR competitions with it, but it will shoot 3/4" at 50 easily. It's not designed to be a tack driver, but for the purposes mentioned previsously in my first post. I'll try to take a short vid of the sound, so you can see all you hear is the trigger spring. People want to play with this gun more than any of the my others when I'm at the range. The CDI factor is very high, and it's cheap to shoot.

I've since thought about getting another done in 17HMR, or M2, but then the bullet crack would ruin the coolness of it.

The movie wasn't too bad until the end. Then I was thinking, "you've gotta get out more."

I have heard of people wanting to order the Green Hornet in 17HMR, which is really a waste. As you pointed out, it is not a tack driver (I have a 22 that easily shoots 1/4" 5-shot groups at 50), but is very very quiet. Since you are really only going to be shooting at 50 to 100 yards with this gun, inside an inch or two is plenty good. The key is stealth. You add the sonic crack and now you have defeated the whole purpose of the rifle (in my opinion).

I do like the idea of using it to for my kid... kind of an expensive play toy, but the silence will keep him from developing a flinch, which I think is the key when starting someone in shooting early.

Man, that is a pretty rifle. The only way to make it prettier is to build it on a 40X action ;-)

Yeah no problem with that medic.... Thanks for the small review.

They do look like fun and it is a great rifle. That thing would be fun to take out in a ghillie and see how many pdogs you can get before they get wise to your position.

Can't wait to see the video.. And your 3rd TacOps!!! I am still trying to get my wife to ok one of them.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: medic103</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Clandestine 12 ( I forgot I had this one )
</div></div>
Suppressed 12GA? you lucky bastard

Beautiful Green Hornet <span style="font-style: italic">medic103</span>,

I've always liked the Green Hornet - it is one of the coolest purpose-built stealth toys around. My favorite configuration is an integrally-suppressed 18" barrel - light & handy and extremely quiet. Al you hear is the bolt cycle and the impact.

If I could own a suppressor I would have got a Green Hornet years ago. Your son is a very lucky kid!

Keith

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Carter Mayfield</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One of these days, I will get me a suppressed shotgun. With an Antoine Chiguhr avatar, you need a suppressed shotgun. </div></div>
Yeah Carter, after you get your suppressed X-Ray 51 you can get a Gen 3 Clandestine 12. The titanium supressor is another masterpiece of Tac Ops working art and is totally wicked. The C12 sounds like a potato gun when fired - sort of a low quiet, <span style="font-style: italic">"thunk"</span> sound.

Keith

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: woogie_man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So you have to get a certian rifle before you can get another one? </div></div>

where did you get that from?

nah....you can order one even if it's the only TacOps you ever get.

I got the 22 so my son would have a matching long gun to my Tango. I'm gay like that. I'm also building up a Spikes Tactical 10.5" .22LR M4 thing to match my 10.5 AR. He's only 4 1/2 now, but someday he'll appreciate it, for a while anyways, then he'll think it's gay and only want to shoot the 308 and 5.56. It's a vicious circle.
If he had a choice right now, he'd have his Green Hornet done in a custom camo "Grave Digger" ( monster truck ) theme.... He's fucking nuts with the Monster truck shit right now.

Is there a box magazine for that green hornet, or does it top feed? I am not too familiar with the 77/22 so please forgive my elementary question.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: palmik</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is there a box magazine for that green hornet, or does it top feed? I am not too familiar with the 77/22 so please forgive my elementary question. </div></div>

It's the same box/rotary mag as the 10/22

I almost went with the Green Hornet in .17 HMR. I went with the APA Sako Quad instead. I have been very happy with the quad, but the Green Hornet is beautiful.

Mike will also make the green hornet with out a suppressor. I think that would be the way to go.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ed SniPeralez</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My 22 is MOSquirrel at 200 yards.
DSCI0153.JPG
</div></div>

tight groups are nice, but death counts
smile.gif
nice shootin, squirrel never saw it comin
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: medic103</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah, it's kind of a special deal. He doesn't do many of them, and they require a lot of time and work on the suppressor, so they're prices accordingly. They aren't something too many civilians have. </div></div>
I don't remember whether this Green Hornet was built for a civilian or not, but it is integrally-suppressed:

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Internally-suppressed .22LR Tac Ops Green Hornet:</span></span>
GreenHornetinODStormCase8x6.jpg

GreenHornetISLSA8x6.jpg

GreenHornetISRSA8x6.jpg

GreenHornetTacticalOperationsEngraving8x6.jpg

GreenHornetEngraving8x6.jpg

GreenHornetActionCU8x6.jpg

GreenHornetSafetyCU18x6.jpg

GreenHornetBoltHandlewTOKnob8x6.jpg

GreenHornetFloorplatewMag8x6.jpg

Keith