Gun show this weekend in Casper

Only take as much cash as you are willing to spend.
Make a list of things you're looking for, it can be overwhelming.
dont overspend on cheap Chinese parts and accessories.
Look for counterfeits, if its too good to be true verify.

Make a list of what you need, get there early. Sometimes it’s worth it to go back during the last couple hours of the last day of the show - people are willing to deal.

I usually go to buy reloading supplies, and just to browse, and I only buy if it’s a deal.

I went to a local show yesterday.... Primers were $400/1k, powder was $80/lb. o_O
I laughed and walked away.

If it's anything like the last one I went to in Cheyenne, don't waste your time. I was in and out in less than 15 minutes. Won't be much there as nothing is in stock. You might find something used you might like but I would not count on it. Good luck.

Maybe do a little googling about who is putting it on, and see if they’re any good.

The High Caliber gun shows down here in Texas are worth going to, if you want a bunch of stuff to look at. ~15,000 sq ft full of tables with guns.

Last guns show i went to: $5 to park, 15 to get in, bunch of fucking junk and some overpriced regular crap. Think i bought ammo at one or two shows in the 10 ive been to, never anything else. I do not like them. The Phoenix one is big too, but its just junk. The ONE thing i saw that i shoulda bought, I didn’t and came back 30 minutes later and it was gone. Cannot tell you what it was, but it was something you cannot just go buy and it was reasonably priced. Oh well.

i dont try to hide my purchases as i have made, nothing to hide, gov knows i like my weapons.

Today's gun shows are merely a shadow of what they once were when I was a kid in the 80's. Back then there were tables full of random parts, ammo was decently priced, lots of reloading tools and components, and vendors actually wanted to go home with an empty van or truck so they were willing to haggle. It also wasn't nothing but professional vendors and businesses.

Today there are very few deals to be had, Chinese shit has taken over, and most everything is overpriced. But you can buy candles, scents, and beef jerky until you're bankrupt.

I used to go to gun shows because you could find stuff the typical dealer never carried, saved money, often didn't pay sales tax, etc.

Last ten years or so, prices are typically higher than retail, and people are trying to pass junk on to you.

Lots of Chinese made crap, people now have an attitude, If you try to haggle with them, they take it as an insult. Even the military surplus is crap that must have been salvaged from a landfill.

Much better deals on the internet from retail vendors or the Hide PX.

Reactions: CybrSlydr
A couple months ago I was at a show, and started to shoot the bull with an older fella... Turns out, under his table at his booth, he was hiding a box full of Sierra bullets. He wanted to sell the whole lot, and got tired of people trying to buy a couple boxes at a time... I ended up paying $500 for 3,000 30 cal match kings, the older 165 and 180 grain.

Gun shows may not be what they used to be, but you never know what you might find.

Also bought a sleeve of Wolf SRP for $250. That was just a couple months ago.

Believe it or not the gun shows in Seattle area are or were very well run and more than enough things to buy or at least look at
I would say they had a good amount of traffic on a two day show, two shows a month and a nice day to see all the toys your want to see hahaha

Might see if they have any .45ACP FMJ. Last time I went to the range it was over $30 for a box of 50.
It aint cheap any more. Best deal for practice ammo is to look on Ammoseek and buy the remanufactured with once fired BRASS. I picked up 1200 rounds this week for about $00.60 p/rd.

If you've never been to one go just for the experience...Its kind of like the WalMart of gun stuff. Lots so strange mofo's crawl out of holes in the walls and show up.

BTW, welcome to the Hide. Look out for the short guy with the beard.

I dont go to them anymore. Im usually after something specific and its not there. They are generally a waste of time and money. Save the $20 and apply it to what you are looking for. If not, you will be out $20 and some shit you likely didnt need.

• Haha
Reactions: Bender and Maggot
Last time I was at the gun show, there was a guy there selling primers for $20/100. I laughed at him and kept walking. Across the room, there was a guy selling his older primers for $10/1000. I almost broke my arm getting my wallet out.
Last summer there was a guy selling a Dillon 750, with probably a $1000 worth of accessories, for $400. Someone bought it just before I walked up.
There are still good deals to be made at gun shows, you just have to go and look.

Reactions: camotoe and Maggot
Looks like I'll be going afterall. Friend of mine asked me for info on a pistol for a newbie, so I mentioned the gun show and she thought that was a great idea.

Told her if we didn't really see anything there, we also have a LGS we could visit to get her some hands-on with a couple pistols.

Om going to give her the rundown on proper handling, safety, and terminology before we go so she's a bit more comfortable with the whole scene.

Reactions: Maggot
The tulsa show is awesome. The up in arms traveling circus stops by up here in Gillette every couple months. I usually go walk around and rarely buy anything, but every once in awhile you find something decent. It's worth the $6 to go walk around. Take a buddy and get a good laugh at the ridiculous prices. The problem is this up in arms crew hits a different town every weekend with the same crap.

Looks like I'll be going afterall. Friend of mine asked me for info on a pistol for a newbie, so I mentioned the gun show and she thought that was a great idea.

Told her if we didn't really see anything there, we also have a LGS we could visit to get her some hands-on with a couple pistols.

Om going to give her the rundown on proper handling, safety, and terminology before we go so she's a bit more comfortable with the whole scene.

Send pics...

... Of the guns....

... For a friend. 🙃

• Haha
Apparently there's a gun show Fri-Sun this coming weekend.

Never been to a gun show - any suggestions?
There's a gun show in Reno Thursday-Sunday this coming weekend as well. I am taking a hundred or so guns, lots of scopes, gun parts and some ammo. Come out here to this show, gamble a little, drink a little, then go to Mustang Ranch to top it off.

• Love
Reactions: Maggot
There's a gun show in Reno Thursday-Sunday this coming weekend as well. I am taking a hundred or so guns, lots of scopes, gun parts and some ammo. Come out here to this show, gamble a little, drink a little, then go to Mustang Ranch to top it off.
Do you know how far from Douglas WY Reno NV is?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210315-201054_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20210315-201054_Maps.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 33
  • Haha
Reactions: TicTacTex
Well, since you just joined the Hide a week ago and have already found your way to The Bear Pit and live in Wyoming but have never attended a gun show here's some ideas to get you started:

Wear a t-shirt that says, "I don't dial 911, I dial 1911" or some other propaganda. Represent!
Bad mouth the federal government at every table. Let them know you're a true patriot.
Ask lots of questions about ostensibly illegal products, you know, bumpstocks, autosears and such. All "for informational purposes."
Mention your willingness to join a militia or whatnot. New recruits are welcome.
Ask every vendor if their goods are private sale. You don't want no background check.
If the seller asks, you "lost your driver's license last weekend..."
Leave your agency creds, car, and gun at home. P.S. the antenna on your sedan/SUV s a dead giveaway, as is sweeping everyone around you with the muzzle of whatever gun you're fingerbanging at the time...

Well, since you just joined the Hide a week ago and have already found your way to The Bear Pit and live in Wyoming but have never attended a gun show here's some ideas to get you started:

Wear a t-shirt that says, "I don't dial 911, I dial 1911" or some other propaganda. Represent!
Bad mouth the federal government at every table. Let them know you're a true patriot.
Ask lots of questions about ostensibly illegal products, you know, bumpstocks, autosears and such. All "for informational purposes."
Mention your willingness to join a militia or whatnot. New recruits are welcome.
Ask every vendor if their goods are private sale. You don't want no background check.
If the seller asks, you "lost your driver's license last weekend..."
Leave your agency creds, car, and gun at home. P.S. the antenna on your sedan/SUV s a dead giveaway, as is sweeping everyone around you with the muzzle of whatever gun you're fingerbanging at the time...
Yes and here is some gun show heads up. I think only 150 or so Navy Seals served in Vietnam. In the years I have been going to and selling at gun shows I have met all 5000 of them. Everyone is an operator, a Seal, worked for the Agency, saw shit they can't talk about, brags about their PTSD or just got home from the sandbox, when in reality the little old man selling vintage ammo, playing with his grandkids and has an ankle biter dog behind his table is "thee baddest motherfucker" in the building.

I live in NW Arkansas -- the gun shows have been a complete waste here for probably 20+ years. 30 years+ ago they were great. Individual collectors, smith's, knife makers, and local businesses would all booth up. Bartering was the standard and folks had manners.

Today, it's all traveling businesses. Costs like $15-20 to get in (WTF?). People are rude, like they sat on a corn-cob or something. Any attempt at bartering will elicit snide retort. And the prices they ask are... are higher than retail stores in the area, to include Bass Pro. (EG most things will be at or above MSRP and used items will be priced at or above what you'd see at Bass Pro for the same thing used. EG Mossberg 500 used and beat up for $400. Same gun at wal-mart, brand new, $300)

In fairness, I haven't been to one in a decade. They were so bad I've sworn them all off and just don't waste my time anymore. As others have kinda eluded to, they've basically become giant circuses of chicom shit mixed in with overpriced guns and just generally speaking I'm baffled why anyone goes to them at all.

This, of course, is in reference only to NWA. I have no idea what they're like outside of here but I suspect it's similar in most areas. Probably has to do with the population in NWA growing with a bunch of concrete dwelling fuckwits that go in looking for a clown show rather than looking for actual tools they have a need for.

Sure do miss the old days, for sure. When I was a kid, I'd go in to a gun show with all the money I'd saved up for months -- looking for a new knife. I'd come out with a knife, feel like I got a deal, and I'd be a whole lot smarter because folks there would take time to teach me about the things they had for sale, huntin', fishin', cookin', or life in general.

Ended up not going to the gun show. I gave her about an hours worth of "Intro to Guns" then went off to get my new apartment squared away (moving in on the 30th of April). After that, we went to lunch at a nice Mexican place, La Costa. She went to the wrong place as she was thinking of La Cocina instead. lol

I then told her I thought that maybe it was a better idea if we went to the LGS instead of the gun show as there would be far less people and plenty of options for her to hold and feel. She agreed - she was very nervous going into all of this. My P227 Carry was MASSIVE in her hands. lol Poor thing couldn't activate the slide release or even rack the slide. She's a petite thing. I'd say 5'10", maybe 110/120 soaking wet. Broke a nail trying to push the slide release. lol

So we went to the LGS and as luck would have it, there was a female behind the counter that came right over. The gal I brought immediately looked less anxious and relieved. The female employee was invaluable to help as there are some things I just don't consider because I'm a guy. I have no problem racking a slide, pushing a slide release, feeding rounds into a magazine, etc. The gal I brought had issues with all of these and the lady behind the counter used her perspective as a female to help her handle and operate them.

I think all told she held the P320 X-Compact, P365XL, Glock 43 and 43X, M&P 2.0, Hellcat, and this M&P EZ (gotta say that EZ is well thought out!). Had to have her try a compact-size 1911 just so she could experience the trigger. lol

Polymer frame is the way to go for her, definitely. Steel/Metal are just too heavy for her. She actually liked the P320 X-Compact and could manipulate it. M&P EZ was another fav for her. LGS even has a Friday deal where two people pay one lane fee and rentals are free, all you pay is for the ammo, lasts from 5-8pm. I forsee a Friday night range day in our future. :)

Reactions: mtrmn and TicTacTex
Havent done a gun show in years, not worth it.

The m&p ez was designed for low powered hands, slide racks much eaiser than other .380s.

I stopped going to gun shows years ago.
Most of the time my local gun store can get me a better deal on whatever I want than I could find at a show.
Then there is the internet and you can search the whole country for the best stuff you want to buy.

The rare times I will go, is only when I am going to see some specific friend or such that was setup there.

IF you are pretty new to guns, don't have a clue what is out there and don't have lots of good friendly local stores around you, then it's a good place to go wander around and see a large amount of different stuff and get ideas.