• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

H-S Precision PST114 vs Choate Tactical Stock

LSOSGT1109

Demoted by the change
Minuteman
Oct 19, 2006
London, KY
I just traded for a Savage 10fp and am going to replace the factory stock and convert to a DBM. I'm torn between the above two stocks. I know the HS is a great stock and I've read alot of good reviews on the Choate. The HS is roughly 150 bucks more that the Choate. Is the HS worth 150 dollars more that the Choate or would that 150 bucks be better spent elsewhere? What say you?

Re: H-S Precision PST114 vs Choate Tactical Stock

The HS is going to be a bunch lighter. I have a Choate and a couple HS-P's and they do their designed purposes well. The Choate is on a rifle that I don't pack anywhere but the range or the occasional beanfield to shoot 'chucks. The HS's are all on hunting rifles that I setup to be light and easy to carry all day for that 1 shot.

For a "do-all" type rifle I'd spend the coin on the HS-P.

Thanks diggler, I jumped on that stock!! Lucky it was still available! That's acutally the stock I wanted but no one had them in stock!

Umm... HS? The same HS that was proud to be endorsed by Lon Horiuchi of Ruby Ridge and Waco?

You might want to do a quick check on who you are giving your money to. Some of us would consider that a MAJOR reason to avoid HS.

Just an FYI.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HeathH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Umm... HS? The same HS that was proud to be endorsed by Lon Horiuchi of Ruby Ridge and Waco?

You might want to do a quick check on who you are giving your money to. Some of us would consider that a MAJOR reason to avoid HS.

Just an FYI.</div></div>

I was not aware of it... a bit of searching produced some interesting reading. Thanks for bringing it up.

Poor taste, no doubt... but not a reflection of the product's quality. What a stupid PR move though, why would someone want to have anything to do with that shitbird?

I have HS stuff, but I bought it all second hand so it doesn't really bother me. The stocks are good stuff. I will refrain from giving them any money directly though.