Handguard for 13.9"

AngryKoala

Old Salt
Minuteman
Mar 30, 2020
Going to do a few builds (sourcing the parts you want is pure aids right now) and have some parts already.

One of the builds is a 13.9" and will have a dedicated suppressor so I know I need around an inch for clearance.
Has anyone else done a 13.9" build, if so which handguard do you like (mlok)? I'm leaning towards SLR but not having the anti rotation tabs is kind of meh. Geissele doesn't make the 13" anymore. I try to avoid BCM pencil dick rails.

Anyways figured I would pick some brains.

Going to do a few builds (sourcing the parts you want is pure aids right now) and have some parts already.

One of the builds is a 13.9" and will have a dedicated suppressor so I know I need around an inch for clearance.
Has anyone else done a 13.9" build, if so which handguard do you like (mlok)? I'm leaning towards SLR but not having the anti rotation tabs is kind of meh. Geissele doesn't make the 13" anymore. I try to avoid BCM pencil dick rails.

KAC URX 4 13"

Centurion 13" mlok

Forward Controls design 12.8"

Last edited:
KAC URX 4 13"

Centurion 13" mlok

Forward Controls design 12.8"

That internal nut on the KAC is kind of funky. Good suggestions, KAC is probably out just ton availability but I know FCD stuff has been scarce as well. I'll have to look into Centurion. Good suggestions and thank you.

That internal nut on the KAC is kind of funky. Good suggestions, KAC is probably out just ton availability but I know FCD stuff has been scarce as well. I'll have to look into Centurion. Good suggestions and thank you.

The fcd is in stock.

I'm a fan of Centurions stuff. Their website doesn't have the updated pictures but they recently made some improvements to their rails as well.

I have their C4 rail on my 10.5 noveske switch block.

The fcd is in stock.

I'm a fan of Centurions stuff. Their website doesn't have the updated pictures but they recently made some improvements to their rails as well.

I have their C4 rail on my 10.5 noveske switch block.

Isn't the Centurion and FCD rail kind of the same thing. FCD does a custom rail so I'm leaning that route. Kind fo surprised they use 6000 series instead 7000 series aluminum (not like it matters just find it interesting).

Isn't the Centurion and FCD rail kind of the same thing. FCD does a custom rail so I'm leaning that route. Kind fo surprised they use 6000 series instead 7000 series aluminum (not like it matters just find it interesting).

Fcd is based on the cmt rail, Centurion is a different design. Cmt makes fcd's rails.

ML1500-7__24103.1583280018.jpg

ML1500-3__05002.1611345929.jpg

Reactions: AngryKoala
SLR ION 13.1" Lite MLOK Handguard on a BA Hansen 13.9" barrel. It doesn't have anti rotation tabs but it's definitely not rotating on me.
View attachment 7738669
View attachment 7738670

I mean the possibility of it rotating is rare but it is more of an OCD thing. I just don't know why they wouldn't have made rails with those in there. SLR is on the list though.

....you may want to check out the offerings from Cross Machine & Tool, they use a similar wedge lock system like the SLR's... I use SLR's exclusively, but recently got a CMT UHPR Mod2 and have been happy with it, especially the cost. They recently came out with their new HDM series, a few things less (QD port) at a lower price...

....you may want to check out the offerings from Cross Machine & Tool, they use a similar wedge lock system like the SLR's... I use SLR's exclusively, but recently got a CMT UHPR Mod2 and have been happy with it, especially the cost. They recently came out with their new HDM series, a few things less (QD port) at a lower price...

Looked at their stuff as well but going with the FCD rail. I'll probably pick up a URX at some point as well.