• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

handloaders

s1086co

Private
Minuteman
Feb 17, 2010
pa
Does anyone know if there are any other companies that make a handloader similar to the classic lee loader? I bought one for my 308 and love it, now im lookin for one for my 300 win mag and lee doesnt make them anymore, and i cant seem to find a used one anywhere. Any Information is greatly appreciated.

Re: handloaders

I checked the Lee site -- and now understand that you're looking for a classic lee loader for the 300 win mag.

Have you looked at the Lee Hand Press? I have used both and like the hand press a whole lot better! If your Win Mag is a bolt, consider getting a neck size only die (not collet sizer) and things should go well.

One small thing -- you won't have as much fun wondering when the next primer will go bang!

Next best thing?

http://leeprecision.com/cgi/catalog/browse.cgi?1273200306.1091=/html/catalog/rlpress1.html

Lee Hand Press

A full sized hand held reloading press, yet the tool weighs only 1 1/2 pounds and costs so little you will want more than one. No matter how much equipment you have, it is really great to have a portable hand press. No time is wasted mounting a tool to a work bench. When you're finished, pack it all away.

Lee Hand Press 90685 Serv.Parts 39.98

I bought a lee hand priming tool to put primers in, ive heard some stories about beating the primer in so i opted for one of those instead.

Unless you're going to reload/set seating depth at the range or you have nowhere to mount a press I'd stay away from the Lee Scissors.

I FL resized a 30-06 in mine, the next day I had a bruise on my chest from using both hands to squeeze it shut.

It makes a good, field expedient way of setting the seating depth at the range when you're working on loads.

I will prep and prime my brass with the RCBS, powder at the shooting bench, and use the hand press to seat the bullet.
Good for working up loads and seating depths.
Every thing I need fits in a 30 mm ammo box.
I guess that I won't be needing that anymore now that my shooting bench is 40 ft from my reloading bench....