Rifle Scopes Has anyone had a chance to use a sightron?

AtownBcat

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 19, 2009
Aledo, Texas
I could have the model wrong but it is late and my brain is half asleep....I have an OLDER varix-III 6.5-20 with a 1 inch tube and 40mm obj. It has target turrets (moa). I have sent it back to leuopold and had it checked out.My problem is it does seem to track all that great..im not talking about a box test or anything like that just that it always seems to be an adjustment behind...like an old cheep scope that you have to "tap" to get it to adjust. I have a NF and honestly that just isnt in the cards right now but I thought about selling the leupy and trying one of the new si-iii. Will someone who has both please let me know how they compare. Im looking for something that I can add a little money with what i get for selling the leupy(they seem like they are going for around 600 bucks) please understand that there is nothing wrong with the leupy i just dont think it was meant to be used like the new LR scopes.Thanks.

Atown

Re: Has anyone had a chance to use a sightron?

I have several Sightron scopes, including a few of the SII's and three of the SIII's. I also own a few Vari-X IIIs, and have owned some of the newer VX-IIIs and VX-3s, and can tell you none of them have compared with the glass on the SIII's. In fact, in my eyes there was little to no difference between them and the SII's (especially the Big Sky models).

If you are looking for a scope that will blow the doors off the Leupy VX-III 6.5-20, pick up a Sightron SIII 6-24x50. Glass is sharper with better resolution, tracks perfectly, and offers customer service just as good as Leupold.

Re: Has anyone had a chance to use a sightron?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jason280</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
If you are looking for a scope that will blow the doors off the Leupy VX-III 6.5-20, pick up a Sightron SIII 6-24x50. Glass is sharper with better resolution, tracks perfectly, and offers customer service just as good as Leupold. </div></div>

What he said

Scott