• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

hear of a sig 970?

cz777

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 27, 2008
i have one in 3006 -it nice but look for a 308 barrel for her with mags ....anybody knows lot on the sig 970's worked them? pros/cons please thxs

Re: hear of a sig 970?

I had one in 25-06. It was a solid hunting rifle, really good looking gun. I kinda wish I still had it. Although it was the first "casualty trade-in" on my first precision rifle.

I have all three stocks. Two 300 WM bbls, a 280 Rem bbl and a fluted/brake 308 bbl. All extras bought at Numrich. They didn't list the 308 bbls but I asked and the nice man said yea I got two fluted 308's. I only bought one for $200.00. I didn't have enough cash for the other 308 bbl.

The blemished wood stock for $65.00 was fine. I couldn't find any blemish. The McMillan stock is nice but the palm swell is a little large for me. It was easy to hog out the syn/wood stock to free float the fluted/brake 308 bbl.

It's a SHR but with the McMillan stock and the fluted/comp bbl.It only lacks the STR stamp on the bolt handle. A very fine shooter for sure.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bohem</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why would you want to get rid of the 30-06 for a 308? </div></div>

Why would you keep a 30-06 over a 308?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EricM40</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bohem</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why would you want to get rid of the 30-06 for a 308? </div></div>

Why would you keep a 30-06 over a 308? </div></div>

Anything a 308 can do, the 30-06 does far far better (except fit in the mags of a short action).