• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Hello and Manners Stock Question

insertgenericid

Private
Minuteman
Jun 26, 2011
Missouri East
Hello 'Hide,

I'm a long time lurker, and a guy who's just trying to teach himself to shoot. Now I've got a question about the Manners T5A.

My rifle is a Remington LTR in a AICS. It seems to me that the cheekpiece is too high for me, when I shoulder the rifle I have to push down quite a bit to get down. So I've been looking at the Manners T5A. Is the comb on that lower then the AICS?

Re: Hello and Manners Stock Question

You may also try adjusting the cheekpiece to the right a tad, although if shooting on the other shoulder will be worse.
If that doesn't work, get taller rings.
I generally have to go a size higher if going from a standard stock to an AICS.

I cannot chime in on the AICS or the Manners T5A but I can comment on the T5 (non adjustable). I feel the cheek weld on the T5 is pretty low and requires Low or super low rings. You could also have one made with a carbon fiber shell to help reduce the weight even more.

lots of good advice here already, I would get higher rings, lots cheaper and faster than wait months for a stock and the $ difference would buy lots of ammo.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: InsertGenericID</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hello 'Hide,

I'm a long time lurker, and a guy who's just trying to teach himself to shoot. Now I've got a question about the Manners T5A.

My rifle is a Remington LTR in a AICS. It seems to me that the cheekpiece is too high for me, when I shoulder the rifle I have to push down quite a bit to get down. So I've been looking at the Manners T5A. Is the comb on that lower then the AICS? </div></div>

If you're cheek is adjustable on the AICS, is it adjusted as low as you can get it? I wanna say our T5A cheek is lower than the AICS, however we don't have a aics chassis here that I can compare it to.

Branden