• It's Hunting Season: Show Us Your Rack!

Hunting season is finally here and we want to see pictures of your rack! Show us what you've got and we'll throw in a few t-shirts to people that send pics 👀

View thread
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Hello From Idaho

Curmudgeon

Private
Minuteman
Jan 4, 2014
Boise, Idaho via SE Idaho
Have been checking things out here and decided to join up. Still trying to get caught up on all forums/posts that interest me so I do not keep asking questions all have heard over and over again. Interested in the DIY forum and have been reading it for days. Learned a ton and hope to be able to contribute. Not a guy that posts just to get a post count up.

Welcome. You aren't the only one who will dig for hours on end to find info so as not to ask a question that has been asked numerous times before. Just recently I got a kick out of reading up on the differences between AI mags and seeing the same questions just keep rolling thru the thread.

I don't s'pose it's enough to tell her you'll visit often? I hope this situation is an amicable one.

As much as I love getting to be around family during holidays and various events through the year, I've never understood why some members need to be "the family boss" and dictate to everyone. "how it's gonna be" "what you can do" "where you can go"...etc. As much as I love them, I have no problem telling them what I will do and where I will go, and they sometimes aren't even allowed to join me.

The other, even more difficult job, is telling your spouse you don't have to do what family say's just because they say it. If they paid my bills it would be a different story. But, they don't. If they need help, I'll do what I can. I've already been in a few situations with family that if they could, they'd handcuff you to their job/life, whatever. That just won't work for you in the long run. Part of being where you want also is so that you can pass down what you have to your children. Hunting, fishing, shooting, and trapping is part of the things you impart to your kids. -good luck with this.