• Site Updates Coming Monday

We’re planning to start making changes bright and early on Monday so you might see the site down fir a bit, but no worries, we’ll make our changes and be back as soon as we can!

VIEW THREAD
  • Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Help, freebore 0 my gun Remington 40 XS 308 Win

St.marco

Private
Minuteman
Mar 14, 2010
My gun has freebore 0 to 2800”, and yours? Signs of overpressure.

Re: Help, freebore 0 my gun Remington 40 XS 308 Win

Could you rephrase that question? Factory ammo jams into the lands, maybe?? That's 0 freebore.

Yes,Oal max of cartridge 2,800”. Signs of overpressure on prime. To the possessory ones of 40xs I wanted to know how much was their free bore 0. Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Remmy308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes,Oal max of cartridge 2,800”. Signs of overpressure on prime. To the possessory ones of 40xs I wanted to know how much was their free bore 0. Thanks </div></div>

What cartridge are you shooting thats 233 feet long?!

Might want to rephrase. Its hard to understand your posts.

probably a euro, they use the comma instead of decimal.

hence my assumpion is he has a cartridge OAL of 2.800" and he's wondering how deep people have measured the throat/freebore so he can compare.

Can't help in any way technically, but hope the translation helps someone get him an answer.

Thanks, for the understanding, Aiformula. Rest waiting for of your answers

oh the brain dammage.......have you EVEN shot this ....or is this some laptop commando speak?

Hehehehe....

With no indication of bullet choice the OAL means nothing to anyone that may have the time or inclination to offer assistance to the OP's predicament.

Or maybe the OP can provide a base to ogive measurement......

I do not think you are going to get any useful info from the OP. He is a bit of a hazard to himself I am thinking.

Free bore0 with Bullet Sierra 168 OAL 2.800"=71mm.

He's obviously from Europe and is doing his best to type in english; but looks like this thread is too full of douche bags to understand that.

I don't have a 40 XS to compare max COAL for you, but you may try contacting Remington and see if they have the chamber/reamer specifications.

Get some medium coarse steel wool and polish up a bullet by turning it in your hand. This will polish the bullet in a circular manner and it will easily show marks on the bullet if it is contacting the lands (rifling). If you have a bullet seating die you can seat the bullets deeper until the marks disappear. With my .308 Palma '95 chamber and 168 grain Sierra bullets, the cartridge oal is roughly 2.775" to be .025" off the lands. I have seen factory 168 grain ammo that measures 2.820" oal which is way too long for my chamber. Hope this helps.
Edit to add: try this also, make sure the chamber is clean and dry and stand the rifle with the muzzle up and insert a new factory cartridge into the chamber with your finger, if it will not drop free on it's own, then the bullet is most likely sticking in the lands. You can do this also after you seat the bullets deeper.

I was aware that the OP had a problem with english, but I think that problem needs to be delt with prior to building bombs to explode next to his face. I think he is working from an english manual with limited understanding.

Next douche bag.