• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Rifle Scopes Help me choose a scope

HadManySons

Private
Minuteman
Apr 12, 2009
Jacksonville, Ar
I need some pro help here. I've searched and have not found my answers.

I am looking for a scope with:
Front Focal Plane (Must have)
Mil-Dot (Must have)
Variable power up to 24x to 32x
Illuminated
Around $500
Doesn't SUCK!

Am I being unreasonable? I have looked into Konus but heard they don't have FFP. I have looked in Barska cause some DO have FFP but I hear almost unanimously that they suck. I have also heard Nikon but they are a little pricey and don't have illuminated Mil-Dot.

Do the Millet scopes have FFP? Cause they seem about right if they did?

I am willing to sacrifice a little on the price if it means I had to spend a little more than $500 to get what I want but I'm not looking for a $1200 Swarovski that will also wash my car and cook dinner.

Is there anything out there?

It's gonna be for a 700 SPS .308 I want to be able to reach out and touch something
wink.gif

Re: Help me choose a scope

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: badred6</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> For $500 the Falcon 5-25 is probably your best choice. </div></div>

If you're willing to do without illumination...

John

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">most of the scopes that are FFP are the high end ones, SB, USO, NF F1, PH, March, Hendsolt, Vortex Razor, and some others that have escaped me </div></div>

I picked that up right away, I was just wondering if there was a way to tell when websites won't.

Usually if its not FFP it won't say anything, but if its FFP it will say so.

For your specs, you can have the Falcon 5-25, and no illumination, or you can have everything for about 4X the $500.