• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Help Me Decide on Next Scope (K624i vs Leica PRS vs Razor GenIII)

Which Would you Choose and Why?

• Kahles K624i 6-24x56mm (SKMR4)

Votes: 12 31.6%
  • Leica PRS 5-30x56mm (Illum L-PRB)

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Vortex Razor HD Gen III 6-36x56 (EBR-7D)

Votes: 21 55.3%

• Total voters

Harman117

Shooting Blanks
Minuteman
Feb 2, 2018
Ohio
Would like some feedback from those who've owned and used more than one of these scopes.

Intended Use: Long Range Varmint Hunting, Very few PRS style competitions

I can get very similar pricing on all 3 options; its close enough to make no difference for me. To me the important performance metrics are: 1) Tracking Accuracy and 2) Optical Performance. Small critters at long distance can be difficult to see.

Let me know which option you would choose and why!

Is there a go to place for hide members to get a Gen III? I see Liberty Optics is a no longer around. Thought one could get them closer to $2k. Everywhere seems $3k with a quick google

Is there a go to place for hide members to get a Gen III? I see Liberty Optics is a no longer around. Thought one could get them closer to $2k. Everywhere seems $3k with a quick google

Liberty optics took the money and ran.

With the mil discount they were ~$2,400 up until recently. Then Vortex increased pricing...I think just for the mil dudes...to bring it up to within $100 of "regular" pricing (at least according to my EuroOptic and Expert Voice quick check).

EuroOptic still has their exclusive black G3 Razors for a few hundred less.

I like my G3 Razor a lot. However, if you qualify for EV...take a look at the ATACRs these days, might just surprise you. That's the route I just went.

Would like some feedback from those who've owned and used more than one of these scopes.

Intended Use: Long Range Varmint Hunting, Very few PRS style competitions

I can get very similar pricing on all 3 options; its close enough to make no difference for me. To me the important performance metrics are: 1) Tracking Accuracy and 2) Optical Performance. Small critters at long distance can be difficult to see.

Let me know which option you would choose and why!
I have several of the current Gen K624i's and a Razor Gen3... Honestly, the glass in the Kahles is better. The turrets on the Kahles are better. That's what I'd go with, personally, of those options listed.

The reticle on them is personal preference but my favorite reticle is the Burris SCR2 MIL or NF MIL-XT. The SKMR-4 is right up there, though. The EBR-7D in the Razor Gen3 has a VERY thin reticle and on dark backgrounds gets lost (to my eyes). Also the Kahles is hefty, but the Razor is a boat anchor at nearly 4 lbs. I like the Razor Gen3, but these are a few gripes/negatives I have about it after a good bit of use.

Liberty optics took the money and ran.

With the mil discount they were ~$2,400 up until recently. Then Vortex increased pricing...I think just for the mil dudes...to bring it up to within $100 of "regular" pricing (at least according to my EuroOptic and Expert Voice quick check).

EuroOptic still has their exclusive black G3 Razors for a few hundred less.

I like my G3 Razor a lot. However, if you qualify for EV...take a look at the ATACRs these days, might just surprise you. That's the route I just went.
Yeah, saw that about Liberty Optics... Shame as I got some well priced optics from him over the years. Nice to see that Vortex honored his pricing on some of the Gen III's that people got screwed out of. Good on them

I actually had an ATACR 7-35 for a while and while it was solid; if I am spending $3k or more on a scope nowadays, I'm just going to go ZCO or TT. That's kind of why I would rather be closer to 2k instead 3k. (I do not qualify for EV)

Right now I'm leaning towards K624i as the Razor Gen III have gone up in price some.

Thanks everyone for the thoughts/feedback so far