• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

HELP!! Need 6-Digit Action ASAP!!!

D_TROS

Flag-Sword-Cross
Minuteman
  • Aug 19, 2010
    North Denver, CO
    Hey guys, in dire need here.

Last week I sent off my early 6-digit action to GAP to be assembled. Ser# 192407

I also ordered one of the USO MST-100 scopes with the custom serial number 2407 to match my action last March.

TODAY USO called me, after multiple emails letting me know the serial number was available, telling me I have to pick a new serial number, and to let them know right away because they are engraving.

<span style="color: #FF0000">I NEED SOMEONE WILLING TO TRADE ACTIONS</span>, or let me know where one is for sale. I already lost my ass once on a MST once because I bought when they said they were never to make anymore, and I sold it way less than I paid because I wanted a ser. number that matched my action. (had to match market price)

I have a pristine action I bought from 7mm here on the hide.
    http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2351367

I had my smith clip-slot the action. If ANYONE has a 6-digit in the appropiate range that has their build on hold and willing to trade, I would greatly appreciate it. If you dont want to trade, I will pay/buy. But if you trade, you will make out ahead due to action already being slotted ($225).

I had my smith fit my spec mount to the action (ensure tight correct alignment), so if you had a mount to trade as well, that would be ideal.

I am double screwed because GAP as well as USO <span style="text-decoration: underline">IS</span> waiting on me. I am seriously sick of being jerked around by USO and this will be my last transaction with them. I can only lose so much money by a company not standing by their words.

Regards,
    DT

Re: HELP!! Need 6-Digit Action ASAP!!!

I just was notified, I could use whole number, or letters or anything else. The prob is that I have been collecting parts for over 2 years, and want it to be as correct as possible (I realize it will never be 100%, but I have waited too long to compremise now.)

Thanks guys, as I have got most of the components on this site, and now shiv is hitting the fan and I am kind of stressing.

Regards,
    _DT

"Everything up to 3700 is spoken for. 5000-5300 were the USMC 50 cals. Please use something not in these ranges."

Quote from USO.

What to do? I can no longer use the first 4 digits now either.

_DT

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: D_TROS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey guys, in dire need here.

Last week I sent off my early 6-digit action to GAP to be assembled. Ser# 192407

I also ordered one of the USO MST-100 scopes with the custom serial number 2407 to match my action last March.

TODAY USO called me, after multiple emails letting me know the serial number was available, telling me I have to pick a new serial number, and to let them know right away because they are engraving.

<span style="color: #FF0000">I NEED SOMEONE WILLING TO TRADE ACTIONS</span>, or let me know where one is for sale. I already lost my ass once on a MST once because I bought when they said they were never to make anymore, and I sold it way less than I paid because I wanted a ser. number that matched my action. (had to match market price)

I have a pristine action I bought from 7mm here on the hide.
    http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2351367

I had my smith clip-slot the action. If ANYONE has a 6-digit in the appropiate range that has their build on hold and willing to trade, I would greatly appreciate it. If you dont want to trade, I will pay/buy. But if you trade, you will make out ahead due to action already being slotted ($225).

I had my smith fit my spec mount to the action (ensure tight correct alignment), so if you had a mount to trade as well, that would be ideal.

I am double screwed because GAP as well as USO <span style="text-decoration: underline">IS</span> waiting on me. I am seriously sick of being jerked around by USO and this will be my last transaction with them. I can only lose so much money by a company not standing by their words.

Regards,
    DT

DT,

we are a bit far along with your build to have you consider trading out receivers...its already barreled.

If it's a 100% spec build you had done, which is now barrelled it sounds like, and you want to start over with a different serial number and sell the one that was just built, let me know. Thanks,
    Justin

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 2ballcane</div><div class="ubbcode-body">GregV: I worked under the miss-impression that a scope sn was related to the rifle sn. I pursuit of a pure clone this is not "correct." When I thought about this in a historical context, how could anyone get Unertl (and later USO) and Remington to coordinate their productions lines this way. The bottom line is that they didn't, so if you're attempting to be a "purist" in your clone build the rifle sn and scope sn have no relationship. One might consider this to be a "cool" feature, but not authentic. I can't take credit for this revelation, George @ GAP helped me along. </div></div>

Interesting point. Very much food for thought. Something I wished I considered before I sold my other MST to get a matched number one.

If I go with the middle numbers, it will appear random, yet still hold some value as a matched one.

ANd I decided that the whole 6-digits is prob not a good idea. Better to stay 4.

Hmmm...
    _DT

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: klin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">DT,

we are a bit far along with your build to have you consider trading out receivers...its already barreled.
    </div></div>

Thanks KLIN. Proceed as planned, will figure something out.

Regards,
    DT