• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Help: Scar 17s Gas Jet Tuning

SkyScrapin

Strictly Offensive Kit
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 31, 2010
Dallas, TX
strictlyoffensivekit.com
I purchased a Scar 17s 16.1" barreled rifle from another hide member some months back. It has a Dead Air Sandman installed, and as you can imagine, it's over pressure. What have you done to tune over gassing and the interesting recoil impulse using gas jets or other methods?

Anyone have a similar configuration who has tuned the gas beyond what's offered with the factory config?

I noticed my 17 was over gassed when accidentally leaving the gas regulator in the suppressor setting (all factory original) and gun ran fine. After mounting a suppressor (still 16” barrel), I bought a 1.40 (I believe factory OEM is 1.50) gas jet screw from Midwest Gun Works and installing it. It might still be a little over gassed, but I notice that the bolt ‘seems’ a little slower and it still runs boringly reliably in either setting, can or no can.

I noticed my 17 was over gassed when accidentally leaving the gas regulator in the suppressor setting (all factory original) and gun ran fine. After mounting a suppressor (still 16” barrel), I bought a 1.40 (I believe factory OEM is 1.50) gas jet screw from Midwest Gun Works and installing it. It might still be a little over gassed, but I notice that the bolt ‘seems’ a little slower and it still runs boringly reliably in either setting, can or no can.

@smithjd Good to know. I'm going to try the 1.3 and 1.35 custom jets just in case.

So I am re doing the test after I tested last time the jet that was supposed to be a 1.35mm was not. when i mesure it it was not 1.35mm it was 1.65. be careful when buying this gas jets some vendors are full of caca. this are all OEM jets I will re test and report how low can you go and still run the gun.

BBAD8A80-C8CC-4E9C-A81A-A5E89006EA9E.jpeg