• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

HK G28

Strykervet

ain'T goT no how whaTchamacalliT
Minuteman
  • Jun 5, 2011
    Pierce County, WA
    So apparently Canadians can buy the no-shit German military G28. I mean, the real deal with the German markings and everything. $12k US including SB scope and T1 dot in the mount, all RAL8000. It's slick as FUCK man. I'd sell my SR25 in a heartbeat for this and I didn't do that to get the Mk20.

I guess it's import laws and lack of an HK factory that prevents us from getting this.

But what really blows me away is that this is gonna be the new SDMR for the US Army --holy shit what I'd have given to get issued this bad motherfucker. I was an OG SDM and SDM instructor and we had slightly better than a stick --an M4 with an ACOG. Damn. Wish I was young again so I could sign back up and play with all this cool shit.

Think about this. They're gonna spend your tax dollars and give this to Joe. Sad thing is that SDM's don't have the training required to take advantage of a system this nice but it's typical Army thinking, "you can buy accuracy". If it took us a month to take good shots and make 'em SDM's with an M4 and an ACOG, how the fuck does AMU teach 'em in two weeks, half the course mind you and missing the whole NM and iron sight component, on this?
    1592108019614.png

Sad thing is they'll never get used at the range except to qual now and again, but they'll be shot out the first year or two at the annual spendex. Disgusting. Army trying to buy accuracy. We taught SDM's back in the day and it took a month on an M4. They get two weeks on this? Come the fuck on. How do you give a rifle like this to Joe?

And what the fuck is wrong with the Mk20 they can't give it to Joe? After all, that's probably the best DMR I've ever laid eyes on. The HK and KAC are nice, nicer than the Mk20, but the Mk20 is far more suited for Joe and I can't see how they didn't see that too. Of course it's some pussy officer making the decision, wouldn't know a DMR from a broomstick (better than our pussy officer, sticking us with rack M4's to shoot at 600m like some sadist bastard).

Army can't make up it's damn mind. I guess I can't either because I still want one and already have the other two high end 7.62's...

HK has a factory in Columbus, GA. Before that it was in NH I believe. They have a facility in VA, but I have no idea of it makes anything besides paper.

I don’t know if that info is going to turn your belligerence up or down, but it’ll be entertaining either way.

So apparently Canadians can buy the no-shit German military G28. I mean, the real deal with the German markings and everything. $12k US including SB scope and T1 dot in the mount, all RAL8000. It's slick as FUCK man. I'd sell my SR25 in a heartbeat for this and I didn't do that to get the Mk20.

I guess it's import laws and lack of an HK factory that prevents us from getting this.

But what really blows me away is that this is gonna be the new SDMR for the US Army --holy shit what I'd have given to get issued this bad motherfucker. I was an OG SDM and SDM instructor and we had slightly better than a stick --an M4 with an ACOG. Damn. Wish I was young again so I could sign back up and play with all this cool shit.

Think about this. They're gonna spend your tax dollars and give this to Joe. Sad thing is that SDM's don't have the training required to take advantage of a system this nice but it's typical Army thinking, "you can buy accuracy". If it took us a month to take good shots and make 'em SDM's with an M4 and an ACOG, how the fuck does AMU teach 'em in two weeks, half the course mind you and missing the whole NM and iron sight component, on this?
    View attachment 7350821

Sad thing is they'll never get used at the range except to qual now and again, but they'll be shot out the first year or two at the annual spendex. Disgusting. Army trying to buy accuracy. We taught SDM's back in the day and it took a month on an M4. They get two weeks on this? Come the fuck on. How do you give a rifle like this to Joe?

And what the fuck is wrong with the Mk20 they can't give it to Joe? After all, that's probably the best DMR I've ever laid eyes on. The HK and KAC are nice, nicer than the Mk20, but the Mk20 is far more suited for Joe and I can't see how they didn't see that too. Of course it's some pussy officer making the decision, wouldn't know a DMR from a broomstick (better than our pussy officer, sticking us with rack M4's to shoot at 600m like some sadist bastard).

Army can't make up it's damn mind. I guess I can't either because I still want one and already have the other two high end 7.62's...

So you want to sell a SR25, for a heavier unproven rifle, that does absolutely nothing better than the SR25?

The guns we tested were 6 minute guns. There is a reason that 3 years after top men decide HK. It still has not found it's way down range.

Total abortion

I'll still stick with the K1's

Last edited:
    watch this guys channel to see what canadians could own, He has a G28

So you want to sell a SR25, for a heavier unproven rifle, that does absolutely nothing better than the SR25?

Not really, I love my SR25 but that thing does sorta float my boat. I say shit I don't really mean sometimes. "It'd be nice to have" that's all. And the fact Canada can get it and we can't? Well...

7.62 for DMs is a bad idea. Float a good M4 barrel and issue an LPVO and SSF trigger. Done.

Yes and no. BTDT, used to train 'em before AMU fucked it up, actually got the t-shirts too.

Grendel would have actually been the one and done but we couldn't impress that on them back in 2003 even with Bde. CO support. And we'd designed the Recce rifle long before the navy too, when KAC came out with the match rails, we got the first three for free and were hooked. We'd been using fixed stock lowers to swap out the adj. stock lowers for school, but when they deployed they deployed with the shitty stocks. Those made so much of a difference that it was actually hard to run the school without them. SO much error with sloppy stocks. SOPMOD didn't exist yet I don't think.

But barring 6.5G, 7.62 has a lot to offer. Hell, today they're getting 'em in 6.5CM! Did you know the Sig 716 is also an adopted military DMR now? In 6.5CM? I don't know if it's a stop gap or a one off thing, but they're in the registers. I'd rather have that than a Colt M4 any day.

But IMO, the ideal DMR is the Mk20. I wasn't on board until I broke down and got one. I'm both impressed and baffled. Amazing weapon, looks like it was put together with good parts --but in someone's garage. Anyway, it gets the job done and I'd have given anything to have any of these rifles twenty years ago.