Hooker Tactical=Gone Away

Louis Corkern

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 28, 2005
AR, USA
www.thorgdg.com
Good Day Everyone,

FYI Hooker Tactical is gone bye bye. New company has now returned back to the original LRBT building. Name of company is Dalradia corporation (something similar to that lol). Can anyone in the Arco area go by and see what kind of information can be obtained?

Thanks

Re: Hooker Tactical=Gone Away

No they aren't. I just got off the phone with them and the only company that has gone out of business is Lost River Ballistics Technology due to Hooker choosing not to purchase them. They are still located in the same building and are producing some very good Counter Sniper Gear in the form of NV Cams and Stabilizing Optics Cam Systems.

They are still producing Projectiles and are going strong.

P.S. Louis!!! I had a GREAT call with Mrs. Hooker!!!
wink.gif

Contact Us

Please direct your questions, comments, information requests, service requests, orders, etc. to:

Tel: 208-527-3395 (USA)

Fax: 208-527-3408 (USA)

Electronic mail:

General Information: [email protected]

Sales: [email protected]

Customer Support: [email protected]

Postal Address:

Hooker Tactical Safety and Defense

PO Box 190

Arco, Idaho 83213 USA

This is exactly why I posted here lol.

Now I am getting 2 completely different stories. The one from friend (that is out of contact right now) that went by the Hooker location and visually seen it was closed and gone, and also went by the new Dalradia building and looked at projectiles. Then one from here that says via phone everything is still going strong.

That is why I asked if someone in the area could check things out in person.

Thanks

There is the issue i guess. Hooker Tactical was attempting to purchase LRBT but that was not there main facility. When the purchase fell through LRBT closed up shop. Who ever is in that building now has nothing to do with either LRBT or Hooker. If ya call Hooker directly they will fill you in about there physical location to purchase Projo's and also the situation with LRBT.

My understanding is that they are way out in the boondocks based on my conversation and also there website's description in the About Us section.. <span style="font-weight: bold">"high plateau desert of Southeastern Idaho"</span>.

My last conversation with Susan Hooker was in early April. I have been involved in testing some of their ammunition, including 50 BMG, 338 LM, and a specialty .308 round specifically designed for glass penetration. This round performed superbly, and bored straight through angled glass and plexiglass with virtually no deflection, and being a monolithic solid, did not breakup or significantly deform. It's performance was impressive. They are developing and marketing a variety of loaded ammunition, and have several contracts to supply end users. I can't speak to what is happening in Arco, but Hooker Tactical is alive and well.

Man I wish this wasn't as complicated and "secretive" as it is appearing to be
smile.gif
Wish I could get direct answers from companies.

Here is what I know lol:

1. Hooker Tactical building in Arco is vacant.
2. Dalradia building is up and running.
3. Hooker Tactical had a big projectile sale few months back on inventory.
4. Dalradia has no intentions on making 375 or 408 projectiles. As per the conversations I have had with them they are wanting to show some respect to Cheytac (being they are close location wise) and not looking to infringe on them by making those projectiles.
5. Dalradia is also making a specialty ammo that lrs50bmg spoke of testing from Hooker.

I guess I am just too skeptical in the scheme of things and am missing a key component here...I don't know.

Thanks

Hooker may be selling some projectiles today, but they WILL NOT in the future.

Trust me on this one.

The "Dalraidia" name is also soon to change, but the employees, equipment, contact #'s, etc. remain the same. Contact them for the 50 Cal. solid, special 7.62 needs, etc.

djd

The man that could really clear this up has just spoken.

Thank You
DJD

Scott McRee (1000yds), and Nick Young (SR90, of Desert Tactical) were both here with me in Arco, ID. within the last couple weeks. They can confirm what I said on Hooker.

For the best source of .375 or .408 bullets, contact Jamison. They are owned by CheyTac and it is not the same company it once was, as far a quality produced. The shooters here in Arco, now do all final R&D on any lot changes, production changes, etc. We know what we want and what to look for.

Their new 338 Lapua Mag brass has equaled Lapua-factory standards in our tests. They don't have much of that yet, as we only completed our 1st tests recently. We shot 50 rounds over 500 times reloading it. Granted we started low pressure and woked up. We also used the new CheyTac 338 LER, so barrel breakin, pressure tests on it were accomplished at the same time. We're still shooting it as time allows.

Dave

Almost forgot. Thanks Tony... and plz give Rob our best also. Please stop by the next time you're in the AO.

Done with this thread now. Anyone can contact me via direct email. Our 1st training class of the year is in the AM.

Take care,

Dave

Don't know what Hooker has left.

I'd recommend HSM South now (used to be Dalraidia). They make them. The big 338 solid is the one I, Dean Michaels finalized. It's 270 grains. And is a very High BC solid, they also make a 250 gr. solid. Both of which I shot 6-7 yr.s ago. All were made at one time when LRBT did CheyTac manufacturing.

Don't want to sound like a Spokesperson for anyone. Just trying to get info out, since there seems to be so many questions.

djd

Thank you

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: djd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Don't know what Hooker has left.

I'd recommend HSM South now (used to be Dalraidia). They make them. The big 338 solid is the one I, Dean Michaels finalized. It's 270 grains. And is a very High BC solid, they also make a 250 gr. solid. Both of which I shot 6-7 yr.s ago. All were made at one time when LRBT did CheyTac manufacturing.

Don't want to sound like a Spokesperson for anyone. Just trying to get info out, since there seems to be so many questions.

djd </div></div>

Interesting thread to read.

Just to let you know, Hooker Tactical is still located in Arco, Idaho, alive and kicking. We are very much alive and doing great business all around the world.

Nevertheless, it is true that we are not focused on ammunition any more, since we have much better products to promote and sell – our wonderful and unique Third-Eye Eye-Cams. You can learn more about these optical devices on our website Hooker Tactical - Home

As for ammunition, we do have some very good bullets and ammunition left in stock, and we are selling them at the following prices:

Bullets only (no brass – you load):
.408 Match @ $60/box
.338-250 Glass Penetrators @ $95/box
.308-168 or .308-170 Match @ $55/box
.308-168 Glass Penetrators @ $55/box
.224-51 Armor Piercing @ $85/box

Ammunition (loaded):
.308-168 or .308-170 Match @ $71/box
.338-250 Match @ $71/box

Notes:
* All boxes contain 20 ea. bullets / ammunition.
* Prices are for U.S. customers, in U.S. Dollars, FOB Arco, ID
* Shipping will be quoted when we know what quantity is purchased
* Quantities available are extremely limited and are subject to prior sale (first come – first get).
* Terms: prepayment is required via check, money order, Visa or MasterCard only.
* Goods will be shipped upon clearance of payment in our bank.
* Prices are subject to change at any time without prior notice.

Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you need any additional assistance.

All my best,

Oded Paz
Marketing Director
Hooker Tactical Safety & Defense Equipment, Inc.
Cast Glance Advanced Electro Optics, LLC
PO Box 190
147 South Idaho St
Arco, ID 83213
U.S.A.
Cell: 801-803-9920
Tel: 208-527-3395
Fax: 208-527-3408
[email protected] (NEW EMAIL!!!)
Hooker Tactical - Home