• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Hot off the Presses; DoD Statement

army_eod

Retired Army
Banned !
Minuteman
Apr 20, 2008
AL
This should tell you where the .mil stands. As if they have not beaten this dead horse for decades. I am sick of it.

MEMORANDUM FOR ALL DOD PERSONNEL

SUBJECT: Message to the Force -Feedback on Diversity and Inclusion in the Military

Our United States Military is an institution that embraces diversity and inclusion, and rejects hate and prejudice in all forms. We have led on these issues throughout our history but know that we as a military are also susceptible to the forces of bias and prejudice, whether seen or unseen, deliberate or unintentional. These things have no place in our military because they can degrade the morale, cohesion, and readiness of our force. This is why we must keep working to do better.

In the past few weeks, I have personally engaged with our senior civilian and military leadership - both officer and enlisted - on the topic of racial diversity, and met with service members to hear their views and concerns about race in the military. They all agree that we must continue to lead on these issues as America's most respected institution, end bias and prejudice in all its forms, and ensure equal opportunity, dignity, and respect for all.

Last week, I launched three new initiatives aimed at improving diversity and inclusion across the force. First, I directed our civilian and uniformed leadership in the Pentagon to bring me ideas by the end of June that we can begin implementing now, such as removing photos from selection boards. Second, I stood up an internal Department of Defense Board on Diversity and Inclusion, which will report back to me by the end of the year to address how we can increase racial diversity and ensure equal opportunity across all ranks, and especially in the officer corps. Finally, I began the process of standing up a Defense Advisory Committee on Diversity and Inclusion in the Armed Services that will be a permanent structure, comprised of an independent and diverse group of Americans committed to building upon the work of the Defense Board.

These are the first steps to drive a cultural shift and create lasting change in the DoD, from recruiting, career track selection, and retention; to accessions, assignments, schools, and promotions; to military justice, and everything in between and beyond. However, the solutions to these issues will not be identified and implemented from the Pentagon alone. It will take open and honest dialogue from all of you, and between all of you.

In the coming weeks and months, I will be seeking your feedback on these initiatives to find out where I can focus my efforts. To do so, I ask each and every one of you to have the hard conversations with your leadership, peers, and subordinates in discussing the issues of race, bias, and inequality in our ranks. And I expect leaders at all levels to give the issue of diversity and inclusion the attention and priority it deserves.

While we tackle these issues head-on, I want you to take pride in being an integral part of the greatest military force in the world and know that we will continue to strive to build a better force; one that is diverse, inclusive, and representative of the American people that we serve. Together, we can lead on these important issues, and uphold our oath to protect and defend the rights and freedoms of all Americans.

//SIGNED//

Mark T. Esper

Secretary of Defense

E-6 and below, likely

E-7 and above, I'm not so sure any more
I would not count on anybody in .mil anymore. Obama managed to destroy it. It is leftist. All of DoD is leftist. Ask me how I know.

This is how the Left will take over. If you have the military on your side you will win. No longer a professional force dedicated to protecting the Constitution.

I would not count on anybody in .mil anymore. Obama managed to destroy it. It is leftist. All of DoD is leftist. Ask me how I know.

This is how the Left will take over. If you have the military on your side you will win. No longer a professional force dedicated to protecting the Constitution.

THIS.

The patriots are leaving/retiring as fast as they can (I was one of them, and 21 years was one year too many). They are getting replaced by people of questionable moral integrity at an ever increasing rate. Combine that with a huge influx of "Yes" men and women, who will never formulate their own opinion again because it will cost them that next promotion.

I had asked at company formation before how many could at least tell me how many Articles of the Constitution there were, or Amendments made...not what was in them, just the number...crickets.

But they damn sure have some great diversity training now...

This is how the Left will take over. If you have the military on your side you will win.
That's has been true so far because there's never been an attempt to subvert the rule of law in a country where the armed citizenry outnumbers all of the military and law enforcement added together.

The US is a completely different ballgame and all the roadmaps that leftists have followed before elsewhere don't have the fork in the road that ours has.

Reactions: deersniper
That's has been true so far because there's never been an attempt to subvert the rule of law in a country where the armed citizenry outnumbers all of the military and law enforcement added together.

The US is a completely different ballgame and all the roadmaps that leftists have followed before elsewhere don't have the fork in the road that ours has.
I will buy that argument if the .gov does NOT take our guns. If they come for the guns, all bets are off.

Reactions: FishinGuns
Many above have said it. I'm currently waiting on my sequence number to come up for my E7, that's said, I'm glad I'm getting a med retirement now.

I can't do this shit anymore. NCOs have had their teeth and most decision making taken from them. From training to being a leader to punishment. This bullshit of only 5 repetitions of certain exercises, yes there's ways around it but it's a moot point. Soldiers dont execute, they ask "why".

Toxic leadership is at every level on both the officer and enlisted side of the house.

We are more worried about SHARP, EO, feelings and any other BS training versus actual army training. I spent 9 months in germany last year and did a whole 17 days of training. We literally sat around for the rest of the time.

This isn't the army I signed up for. Again, I am happy about this med retirement now. I couldn't do any more time with this shit.

I think an analysis of the percentage of minorities and LGBTQXYZ selected for promotion and key jobs compared to old straight white dudes would be shocking.

Last edited:
Reactions: Doc68
The Secdefs can virtue signal all they want. The NCO's will keep things professional.

Sirhr
Had an O6 tell me that about the officers of the time about 10 years ago when Obama was destroying the military and rebuilding it in his own image. He was confident, I was not, but he had the experience and I didn't so I hoped he was right.

He wasn't, and I was.

All those officers that he trusted would protect the services were simply replaced by those who would toe the Leftist line, and now they are all the O7+ guys we have in the swamp today.

Many above have said it. I'm currently waiting on my sequence number to come up for my E7, that's said, I'm glad I'm getting a med retirement now.

I can't do this shit anymore. NCOs have had their teeth and most decision making taken from them. From training to being a leader to punishment. This bullshit of only 5 repetitions of certain exercises, yes there's ways around it but it's a moot point. Soldiers dont execute, they ask "why".

Toxic leadership is at every level on both the officer and enlisted side of the house.

We are more worried about SHARP, EO, feelings and any other BS training versus actual army training. I spent 9 months in germany last year and did a whole 17 days of training. We literally sat around for the rest of the time.

This isn't the army I signed up for. Again, I am happy about this med retirement now. I couldn't do any more time with this shit.
I did not know it was that bad. It was bad back in 2011 when I retired. Even then the NCOs at TRADOC AIT could not get rid of shitbirds.
So you confirm what I thought about the military. Pretty useless. Bring back the draft and discipline.
When I was in my glory, we still had power to lead. You cannot have a military without discipline and high standards.
I would never recommend a military career to anyone anymore. They also have screwed the .mil with pay and benefits.

Yeah I’ve been thinking about that

They say history doesn’t repeat itself but it does rhyme. It will be interesting to see how the numbers of serialized firearms plus 80 percents and other off the books stuff play in future we are headed to.

They will never get all the guns and people will have enough at some point.

Edit. Not to mention all the other non firearm things and knowledge available in America.

90% of the people joining the military today are here for college or welfare.

The military is welfare. Most of the line units are made up white males. Most of the support roles, supply, cooks, and such are minorities. They come in, do the bare bones minimum and they get benefits and steady paycheck. Yes there are outliers but very rare. They make E5 and then never do shit again.

Yeah, and they placated Hitler, too.

Fuck Esper. Sure, Mark, take that knee; just like that ex-NFL dufus who doesn't even deserve to have his name mentioned.

He needs to try his hand at retirement. But he'd probably fuck that up, too; insecure little shit. Fuck what the whiners think, just do the job, and quit second guessing your boss.

He got the job when the Senate decided they wouldn't let the C-in-C appoint his own choices. What we need is to fire him and have the Prez appoint someone else, then fuck the confirmation, leave him as "acting" and give the Senate Leftists the finger.

It's time this country grew back some of its backbone and stopped bowing to assholes who think they can get what they want by fucking up the neighborhood. Kick ass, don't bother with the names.

Just who the Fuck is this country anyway; the majority or the whiny little bitches?

Last edited:
Reactions: XP1K and army_eod

There is a gap through age. I’m one of the E-7 and above on the enlisted side. The problem lies in the fact that we are all alone. Senior officers are Obama era places personnel. The junior officers are among the woke generation. So are the lower enlisted. One had indoctrination by college. The other had it by grade school. It’s bad in here now. I was told to check my privilege in sjw school last year. I lost my fucking mind and realize no matter what facts I spouted.... all deaf ears in the room. I have two years til retirement and I’m ready. I started to notice the change around 2010 and it’s only gotten worse. I thought when I got to this point in my career I would be proud and energized. Not true. I’m tired and ashamed that I have spent my life in defense of the giant pustulating vagina this country has become. We really had some great times in the Wild West of the iraq war, and that was a shit show. But we were taking it to those assholes. Not anymore. Rest assured, most of your Sr NCOs are guys who server prior to or joined because of 911. We still remember! We still burn! We are still heart broken when we think/talk about it. Or when we remember how united we were in the aftermath.

Lots of "good" folks especially on the site here have the idea that somehow the "Following Orders" types will somehow suddenly decide to "do the right thing" and refuse to obey orders when the Communists get their hands fully on the levers of power.

They really should read this thread and rethink what reality for the mindset of the military chain of command will be in about 5 to 10 years....
I'm an eternal pessimist, I don't see them having any problem on the whole, carrying out the party dictates to deal with any counterrevolutionaries.

Reactions: deersniper
Lots of "good" folks especially on the site here have the idea that somehow the "Following Orders" types will somehow suddenly decide to "do the right thing" and refuse to obey orders when the Communists get their hands fully on the levers of power.

They really should read this thread and rethink what reality for the mindset of the military chain of command will be in about 5 to 10 years....
I'm an eternal pessimist, I don't see them having any problem on the whole, carrying out the party dictates to deal with any counterrevolutionaries.
Yeah. But with their families living in the same country. And the vastness and resources available in the US. Plus all the guns. Plus the .mil people that will chose the right side.

It will make Iraq/Astan look like Girl Scout pillow fights.

There is a gap through age. I’m one of the E-7 and above on the enlisted side. The problem lies in the fact that we are all alone. Senior officers are Obama era places personnel. The junior officers are among the woke generation. So are the lower enlisted. One had indoctrination by college. The other had it by grade school. It’s bad in here now. I was told to check my privilege in sjw school last year. I lost my fucking mind and realize no matter what facts I spouted.... all deaf ears in the room. I have two years til retirement and I’m ready. I started to notice the change around 2010 and it’s only gotten worse. I thought when I got to this point in my career I would be proud and energized. Not true. I’m tired and ashamed that I have spent my life in defense of the giant pustulating vagina this country has become. We really had some great times in the Wild West of the iraq war, and that was a shit show. But we were taking it to those assholes. Not anymore. Rest assured, most of your Sr NCOs are guys who server prior to or joined because of 911. We still remember! We still burn! We are still heart broken when we think/talk about it. Or when we remember how united we were in the aftermath.
I am worried. Only thing I would wonder is are the woke folks as tough and proficient as I am. Somehow I don’t think so.

There is a gap through age. I’m one of the E-7 and above on the enlisted side. The problem lies in the fact that we are all alone. Senior officers are Obama era places personnel. The junior officers are among the woke generation. So are the lower enlisted. One had indoctrination by college. The other had it by grade school. It’s bad in here now. I was told to check my privilege in sjw school last year. I lost my fucking mind and realize no matter what facts I spouted.... all deaf ears in the room. I have two years til retirement and I’m ready. I started to notice the change around 2010 and it’s only gotten worse. I thought when I got to this point in my career I would be proud and energized. Not true. I’m tired and ashamed that I have spent my life in defense of the giant pustulating vagina I this country has become. We really had some great times in the Wild West of the iraq war, and that was a shit show. But we were taking it to those assholes. Not anymore. Rest assured, most of your Sr NCOs are guys who server prior to or joined because of 911. We still remember! We still burn! We are still heart broken when we think/talk about it. Or when we remember how united we were in the aftermath.
I served my 5 after Annapolis and was out of the active fleet by '75..... I have read this entire thread to this point, and will continue to read these experiences as the thread develops... To say that I am stunned is an understatement... I thought things could get no worse than the home coming from Vietnam for the combat vets... as I listen to these current observations I have to say that it confirms in my mind that eventually this comes to conflict... I do know those who have recently (last 5 years) ended their service time (and they are highly trained elite combat people) because of the very thing you state... they aren't walking from the mission however... they train others, to infuse the skills we hopefully will not need in defense of our families and country as we have known it, but to be assured that we can survive... I wish I could honor all of you who are sickened by the conditions, but remain out of whatever commitment to the cause still burns... god bless us

Reactions: army_eod
I am worried. Only thing I would wonder is are the woke folks as tough and proficient as I am. Somehow I don’t think so.
I wouldn't think so. They can't even be in the field without electronics and shit. They bitch about being out there and not having real food or a shower for 5 days. They bitch when they have to qualify during the year. Its seriously pathetic to say the least. Most get bare bone equals after failing 5 or 6 times.

I would say 85-95% of my unit would be dead within 24hrs of going to war.

Last year while in hohenfels (Germany NTC). A group of 5 OPFOR captured two of our platoons without a shot fired. We had just went into the box, They had literally set up their CP in an intersection and had one gun truck on guard. The rest of the two platoons there were sleeping.

I was also in Hungary last year for an exercise with the Hungarian army. 17 days with no shower and in same uniform. Minus socks and t shirt. Yeah I smelled pretty ripe.

Last edited:
I wouldn't think so. They can't even be in the field without electronics and shit. They bitch about being out there and not having real food or a shower for 5 days. They bitch when they have to qualify during the year. Its seriously pathetic to say the least. Most get bare bone equals after failing 5 or 6 times.

I would say 85-95% of my unit would be dead within 24hrs of going to war.

Last year while in hohenfels (Germany NTC). A group of 5 OPFOR captured two of our platoons without a shot fired. We had just went into the box, They had literally set up their CP in an intersection and had one gun truck on guard. The rest of the two platoons there were sleeping.

I was also in Hungary last year for an exercise with the Hungarian army. 17 days with no shower and in same uniform. Minus socks and t shirt. Yeah I smelled pretty ripe.
This would be the hope... for those of us who grew to the mission early in life due to the discipline of military indoctrination, we know the internal and external strength it takes to commit to the value of the discipline... like you, and from what I have read and heard, those coming in now without commitment to the cause/mission will be no better at taking orders than the petulant child told that he can't have his toys until he finishes dinner... it would appear the the officer corps would break ranks under pressure, just as well... it may depend on the branch... I am personally aware of a number of young men now in the Marine Corps, both commissioned and enlisted... My impressions are that THEY are true believers in the right cause... but then BOOT discipline there is another animal, and commitment is needed to graduate.... not sure of the other branches based on what I have read and heard...

My last CO worried more about how he looked to others versus actual functionality of the unit. He told me one day that "he can judge a unit by just looking at their rucksacks/gear and see if they had the excess of the straps rolled up and lookimg dress right dress". I kid you not. I walked away laughing my ass off. He never liked me anyways.....

My last CO worried more about how he looked to others versus actual functionality of the unit. He told me one day that "he can judge a unit by just looking at their rucksacks/gear and see if they had the excess of the straps rolled up and lookimg dress right dress". I kid you not. I walked away laughing my ass off. He never liked me anyways.....
Are you mainline Army?

Are you mainline Army?
Yes, this is an MP company. I'm a combat medic. This is my first MP BN I've ever been assigned to.

My last unit, 169th EN BN was divers, they were awesome to work with. Before that Combat Engineers and then an infantry BN for my first unit.

I got to play with 7th group and 6th Ranger BN (Florida Phase of ranger school) a lot while being assigned to the divers in florida. Those 4 years I was there was great. All type A personalities. Then i went to Fort Carson in CO (currently) and got assigned to the MP BN. Life has sucked.

Now will be getting medically retired after my spinal surgery recovery.

Yes, this is an MP company. I'm a combat medic. This is my first MP BN I've ever been assigned to.

My last unit, 169th EN BN was divers, they were awesome to work with. Before that Combat Engineers and then an infantry BN for my first unit.

I got to play with 7th group and 6th Ranger BN (Florida Phase of ranger school) a lot while being assigned to the divers in florida. Those 4 years I was there was great. All type A personalities. Then i went to Fort Carson in CO (currently) and got assigned to the MP BN. Life has sucked.

Now will be getting medically retired after my spinal surgery recovery.
do you think you have may have been reassigned because you spent so much time with true believer snake eater types?

do you think you have may have been reassigned because you spent so much time with true believer snake eater types?
Dont know honestly. I was kept down there an extra year to train up the two incoming medics because I knew my job and did it well there and they wanted them trained to how I did things.

I learned a lot down there about making bombs. C4, TNT, shaped charges, delayed charges and such. I always got to make a nice 40-50 pound bomb for my birthday. Underwater demolition was the last phase for the army divers there. It was pretty intense.

I honestly think I drew the short straw.

Dont know honestly. I was kept down there an extra year to train up the two incoming medics because I knew my job and did it well there and they wanted them trained to how I did things.

I learned a lot down there about making bombs. C4, TNT, shaped charges, delayed charges and such. I always got to make a nice 40-50 pound bomb for my birthday. Underwater demolition was the last phase for the army divers there. It was pretty intense.

how many years in? have you developed a plan for yourself and the family once you step out?

how many years in? have you developed a plan for yourself and the family once you step out?
13 years in. I'm going to school for nursing myself. OR nurse I want to be. I'm done with trauma for awhile. Been doing the medic thing for 24 years now between civilian and army. Moving to Florida, Pensacola side of it.

13 years in. I'm going to school for nursing myself. OR nurse I want to be. I'm done with trauma for awhile. Been doing the medic thing for 24 years now between civilian and army. Moving to Florida, Pensacola side of it.
you will do well... I can see why you would want to stay out of the ER... There were two Corpsmen aboard a couple of the ships I served on who went on to medical school... didn't know what happened beyond that for them. but they stayed true to their drive to assist

you will do well... I can see why you would want to stay out of the ER... There were two Corpsmen aboard a couple of the ships I served on who went on to medical school... didn't know what happened beyond that for them. but they stayed true to their drive to assist
I figured I'm good at being a medic, so why not become a nurse and work in the AC in the summer and heat in the winter. It's the little things.....

Explosives are fun.

Yeah I get you, during my .Mil days, spent loads of time in the old gym, at 265 lbs.(with waiver from Com.), played football, ran, raced mx, all that shit. Got married, different job, responsibilities and guess what? Shit changes. Not an excuse, but, it does. Then throw in some major surgeries and a broken bone or two, it takes the wind right out of the ol' Schooners sails. I'm lucky, if I can hike a couple of miles, two to three times a week. F, I'm starting to whine again! LoL! Mac;)

I totally understand, totally.... don't give up on yourself... do what you can... I have a bum hip labrum and a bum shoulder labrum... can't run worth anything, and my left arm can't press a decent weight above my head... but I give hell to an exercise bike, do squats with decent weight, upper body weight work that makes sense given the shoulder condition... and brisk walk 7 miles a day... you will be surprised what you can accomplish once you start and get the body to understand it's new expectation

What if we based everything on merit?
What a crazy idea. This is the only way it should be. But we went off that track a long time ago, which is why this country is so screwed up today.
The question is why did we get off that track.
The answer is deliberate Marxist subversion. It has been successful.
We have to reverse this.