How are Stiller actions now days? TL3 better choice?

KPK

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 2, 2009
Oklahoma
How are these things now days? I had one 5ish years ago and it was ok. Worked and shot well, just had some ejection problems at first, but got that fixed.

How does the TL3 fit Remington stock?

Just thinking, but maybe a 6.5 saum...

The TL3's ejection port is longer than a M700's, but that's about the only difference. I've used M700 stocks for TL2s, even though the Bighorn's slim bolt handle is a sloppy fit in the M700's much wider & swept handle cut.

How are these things now days? I had one 5ish years ago and it was ok. Worked and shot well, just had some ejection problems at first, but got that fixed.

How does the TL3 fit Remington stock?

Just thinking, but maybe a 6.5 saum...

Which stiller action had ejection problems, and how did you fix it?
thanks
Scott

I got a Stiller Predator about 10 months ago, it works perfectly.

I believe Stiller was sold about that time. I'm curious what the newest experience has been.

Better choice is subjective based on plans and desired features. I have a Stiller (among many others) and just ordered a TL3 because I’m tired of waiting 8 months for a barrel job or build. PVA and others will do prefit shouldered barrels or you can buy small shank Savage prefits from Proof or other companies/Smith’s with a nut system. You can swap bolt heads.... I’m sure you’re already tracking all this but you never know. Both will render a fine custom rig capable of great accuracy with any reputable Smith. I am impatient and like modularity so the Stiller will be leaving after I shoot the barrel out.....might trade it for a SR3 with some boot. I would go Bighorn for $200 extra and having options.

My $.02

They've had a few quality control issues lately with extraction problems on their tac 408's. I always wonder after a company changes hands if the inevitable result is less quality in the product. Having said that, my tac 338 action runs fine in my LM .

Reactions: Shootinleftyflip
I'm having a 223 finished up right now, built on a Tac 30. I joined these forums after I placed my order for the rig, and now I wish I had gone with a TL3 after seeing all the information here regarding custom actions. Hindsight is 20/20 I guess. I'm just hoping that I'll be happy with the Tac 30 and that I won't regret the decision.

Between the TL3 and the Stiller, you'll like the TL3 better. Smoother, less bolt slop, lighter bolt lift and all the features already mentioned above. You can have a smith shoulder a barrel for you or you can use the nut system and by pre-chambered and put it together yourself with no wait time. Too many good options not to go that route. BigHorn is also offering DLC coating for free right now, these DLC'd actions are even more smooth than the others...

Which stiller action had ejection problems, and how did you fix it?
thanks
Scott
I had a tac30 quite a few years ago. After a while it would dump the case back into the ejection port instead of tossing it out. I ordered a new extractor from midway and had it working again in like 20 seconds. I think they had a bad batch of extractors, but that was a few years ago.

Other than that it was flawless. Doesnt have the new features, but was a great foundation for a build.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

I think the tl3 action is the bees knees of actions right now. I've ran custom barrels cut with a shoulder and barrels with a savage cut and big horn nut. It's an excellent switch barrel gun. I also have different bolt heads so I can switch that around also.

I had a manners cut the inlet for the tl3, but I still had to take a little more out of the ejection port. Not a big deal with a dremel.

Deano