How did it go for you - barreled actions in your new chassis

widefat77

Private
Minuteman
Jul 31, 2022
Va.
You recently DIY'd your barreled action in a new chassis. How did it go? Did you run into any problems? Smooth? Did you bed the action? What did you learn? Regrets?

I have a barreled ARC CDG (LA 700) and a MPA matrix Pro II chassis inbound. Should I DIY the installation? I am a (very?) competent armorer and craftsman/mechanic in other areas, but draw the line at anything that requires precision milling.

TIA

You recently DIY'd your barreled action in a new chassis. How did it go? Did you run into any problems? Smooth? Did you bed the action? What did you learn? Regrets?

I have a barreled ARC CDG (LA 700) and a MPA matrix Pro II chassis inbound. Should I DIY the installation? I am a (very?) competent armorer and craftsman/mechanic in other areas, but draw the line at anything that requires precision milling.

TIA
Why would you have to mill it? Will the trigger hanger not it? If it fits, torque it on and shoot it. I’m sort of an idiot with tools but can torque a BA into a well made chassis.

Some others on here have bedded chassis but I have not found a reason to.

Last edited:
Why would you have to milk it? Will the trigger hanger not it? If it fits, torque it on and shoot it. I’m sort of an idiot with tools but can torque a BA into a well made chassis.

Some others on here have bedded chassis but I have not found a reason to.
Mill it? I watched too many youtube videos.

Bolt and go. Only need a couple tools.
IMG_2610.jpeg

IMG_1004.jpeg

image_cropper_A7C87150-AD06-4DCA-9B79-4E2728DE1A43-2938-000008270A2AF129.jpeg

IMG_2609.jpeg

image_cropper_AF8A3247-FEB8-405B-B95D-07FF0E6E2608-2984-000004C38DB5367C.jpeg