Gunsmithing Howa 1500 long action barrel options.

fraz1112

Private
Minuteman
Apr 13, 2011
Laguna Niguel Ca
hey gents, im currently in Afghanistan looking around at ideas for my Howa 1500 .300 WinMag. i have ordered a Manners T4 stock that i am very excited about, as well as the millet 4.5-16x50mm tac scope, and finally a timney trigger. The part i am having trouble with is finding a heavy barrel and muzzle brake. any suggestions are much appreciated!

Re: Howa 1500 long action barrel options.

talk with the guys at GAP about ideal barrel contour and length and twist for your application. I run a PWS brake on mine and love the shit out of it

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fraz1112</div><div class="ubbcode-body">awesome, ill have to check that out. i was also talking with Mike at SAC and they do a lot of custom work on the Howas. thank you! very much appreciated! </div></div>

Who is this you speak of?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fraz1112</div><div class="ubbcode-body">mike of short action customs, from what Mike was saying his shop can do about anything on the weapon. </div></div>

Thanks