I built a shooting cart

silasvirus82

silasvirus82
Minuteman
Mar 27, 2014
Pasadena, MD
I built this with intentions of using if for 3-gun, sporting clays, and long range meets. I started with a CaddyTek EZ cart with the seat accessory, both were about $180 including shipping. The cart included a storage/cooler bag, drink holder, and umbrella holder. Most others I looked at those were all options and would have drove up the initial cost considerably. The only other purchase was the gun racks which are Kolpin Rhino XL Dbl and they were about $50.
ivlkLbp.jpg

Here it is loaded up minus my range bag which I can bungee to the seat. The seat is spring loaded so when you sit down the base extends to the ground so there is no weight transferred to the cart. With a decent amount of stuff in my bag the seat pushes down and rides too close to the ground, so I drilled a hole through one leg of the seat and put a quick release pin to prevent that. If I want to sit, pull the pin and it's back to normal. Also, I really like the umbrella, that'll be nice on hot days.
hOqNPcj.jpg

Speaking of hot days here's the built in storage with cooler below. Probably holds 3-4 cans with ice.
jEMNSvA.jpg

Still folds up nice too, and doubles as my golf cart when needed.
x7mQXDi.jpg
rDpkRiq.jpg

Last edited:
The cart is extremely stable fully loaded. The only thing I need to be careful of is if I have a ton of weight in my range bag it tends to shift around if I hit a major obstacle, but otherwise it is stable and secure as well. So far I have only used this at one 3-gun event and several rounds of sporting clays, and for both of those applications it worked beautifully. This thing is made for a golf course, so anything you can imagine there I'm good to go.