• It's Hunting Season: Show Us Your Rack!

Hunting season is finally here and we want to see pictures of your rack! Show us what you've got and we'll throw in a few t-shirts to people that send pics 👀

View thread
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Rifle Scopes I need a Rem700 s/a rail with 0 moa & 8-40 screws

slg888

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 5, 2009
Knoxville,TN
2 questions pertaining to Picatinny rails....

1. Just as it reads. Anyone have a clue? Tried ordering thru Seekins,but he has none available and may take weeks.

Any info on locating this base would help?????

2. Can a TPS/ EGW base be drilled out from a #6 to a #8 and still work fine?

Re: I need a Rem700 s/a rail with 0 moa & 8-40 screws

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JBW#3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We have them at USO, call Becky at 714-582-1956.
John III </div></div> USO? Optics MFR? On your web-site it shows 20moa only?

I need 0 moa.

I think JBW#3 may have a better handle on what's in stock than the website.....at least until the new website's avaialble.

I don't jump out of planes with my boltguns, so I've never had any issue with piny #6's......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I don't jump out of planes with my boltguns, so I've never had any issue with piny #6's...... </div></div>

Exactly. Unless you are trying to correct some off center Rem base screw holes, #6 screws are fine.

Kirk R

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think JBW#3 may have a better handle on what's in stock than the website.....at least until the new website's avaialble.

I don't jump out of planes with my boltguns, so I've never had any issue with piny #6's...... </div></div> They are custom action Rem700 clones. Bat machine & Defiance. They were # 8-40 when I received them.

If you need speed to tide you over I just bought a new rig that had a Millet 0 MOA 1 piece mounted for display. Never shot, never had a scope on it. They sell new for $42.99 on closeout at Midway.........I'd sell it for $25 shipped.....I am mounting a 20 MOA base.

Derek

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Derek Myers</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you need speed to tide you over I just bought a new rig that had a Millet 0 MOA 1 piece mounted for display. Never shot, never had a scope on it. They sell new for $42.99 on closeout at Midway.........I'd sell it for $25 shipped.....I am mounting a 20 MOA base.

Derek </div></div>8-40 screws? I think Millet is #6 ??

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Buckey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Go with Badger & have Robert punch them out to 8-40's.

This ain't rocket science here Stoney!!

</div></div> Ordered from Murphy's Precision. Im good to go.

Jeff, Knowing when to drive home or call a cab ain't rocket science either.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Buckey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You raggin' today??? </div></div>No, but your Mom was last night.