Rifle Scopes I think I missed the boat - Nightforce velocity reticle MPVO

Masakari

Private
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2018
1000030403.jpg

I have a thing for BDC reticles. I like how I don't need to think or make any calculations, I just aim accordingly. Add on wind holds, and I get even more aroused. Maybe it's because I'm a dumb Marine and popped my cherry with the ACOG, but it's just who I am.

So I've been looking for the "perfect scope" for one of my rifles, and I ALMOST found it, a Nightforce 2.5-10x32 with a reticle that I didn't even know existed, the Velocity 600. Unfortunately, the one that I found is the high velocity (HV) reticle, and for 308 with a short barrel, I'm looking for the low velocity (LV) one. Several years ago, this would be easy to locate, but now it appears to be discontinued and gone from everywhere. I called Nightforce this morning, and was subtly laughed at for being stupid and not just adopting mils.

Anyway, does anyone know where I can find One of these old NXS 2.5-10x32s with the Velocity 600 LV reticle? I feel like there's got to be some on a shelf somewhere, or some old hunter who uses something more modern nowadays.

Let me know your thoughts!

I have one with the LV reticle. It weighs only 19oz, which is the other big thing going for it. I had it on a SCAR17 for a while and could get first round hits in 2 min targets out to 600 with it.

Now it’s on my pre-64 M70 in 30-06. The 30-06 should have a MV reticle instead of the LV, but the hack is to use the stadia for meters instead of yards. It might not be PRS accurate, but it will surely work on elk and moose out to 500, which is all that is required.

This 1-8 has a BDC that supposedly works with the M80 ball if you use a 50 yard zero.
The Plx series gets high reviews.

I have one with the LV reticle. It weighs only 19oz, which is the other big thing going for it. I had it on a SCAR17 for a while and could get first round hits in 2 min targets out to 600 with it.

Now it’s on my pre-64 M70 in 30-06. The 30-06 should have a MV reticle instead of the LV, but the hack is to use the stadia for meters instead of yards. It might not be PRS accurate, but it will surely work on elk and moose out to 500, which is all that is required.
Yeah that's what I like about it on paper, lightweight and a fast BDC. Let me know if you'd trade for the HV that I can get haha.
The rifle that I'm looking to put this on is an M1A, and the smaller 32mm objective size would be helpful in this role.

Even easier - input your ammo velocity and ballistics into iStrelok Pro's Velocity 600 HV reticle and it will give you the yardages for each hash mark. Be aware- if your scope is 2nd Focal Plane, the distances will change with magnification increases or decreases.

So, the choices are;

1.) A reticle with an array of calibrated hashes; creating a ruler in the reticle, but requiring the shooter to calculate the appropriate drops for his rifle/ammunition.

2.) A reticle with an arbitrary set of hashes that suppose to give accurate ranges, but are actually so “universal” for many rifles/ammunitions to not be accurate for any of them, requiring the shooter to calculate the appropriate drops for his rifle/ammunition.

I suppose an advantage of the latter is that once the calculations are made, they are so specific to that rifle/ammunition that corrections called using that reticle are useless to anyone else.