• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

I want a 6arc AR15....

Jmccracken1214

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Supporter
  • Dec 10, 2018
    Thomasville, NC
    Looking around for factory rifles and see the S&W gets pretty good reviews from people, around the $1100 mark.. Almost every other factory rifle is double the price.

The POF renegade + caught my eye, but at $2000, wondering what's $900 better about it?

I want a 16" to put a can on for a multi purpose rifle for the farm/hunting white tail.

Labor Day sales had some smoking deals on Rifles Carbines as well as components . Most barrels are 20-26" ,however Odin makes an 18" and Ballistics advantage makes a 16" . Complete Rifles ,not certain as I generally cobble mine .

https://www.ballisticadvantage.com/ar-barrels/ar-15-barrels/6mm-arc
    I haven’t used BA is a long time. I’ve heard so many people talk about them being hit or miss, it’s turned me away from them. Their prices are tempting.

I’ve bit the bullet twice and bought 2 high end AR’s, a ddm4v7 and a pof 415 edge, both at the $2,000 mark, which sucks, but they’ve been stellar for accuracy.

I don’t want to drop a shit ton of cash, but I don’t really want to gamble on an accurate barrel either.

Reactions: Ex E6
    I haven’t used BA is a long time. I’ve heard so many people talk about them being hit or miss, it’s turned me away from them. Their prices are tempting.

I’ve bit the bullet twice and bought 2 high end AR’s, a ddm4v7 and a pof 415 edge, both at the $2,000 mark, which sucks, but they’ve been stellar for accuracy.

I don’t want to drop a shit ton of cash, but I don’t really want to gamble on an accurate barrel either.

I've had outstanding performance out of a number of BA barrels and I prefer their lowers ,as dates swap seamlessly .

I've got other manufactures as well , some better ,some Not so good . As You pointed out More expensive doesn't mean better .

I can honestly say after building #12 AR-15/10's on various platforms , Aero Precision is MY GO TOO foundation .

IMO there is one clear answer. Seekins 18” 6ARC.
    If you’re unfamiliar with the brand do some research on the SP-10. Have both the SP10 and the 6ARC and IMO they are hands down the best value on the market.
    I didn’t know they made one. I’m actually in the process of buying back my od green seekins nx15 and thought about swapping the barrel/bolt and making the seekins a 6 arc

I didn’t know they made one. I’m actually in the process of buying back my od green seekins nx15 and thought about swapping the barrel/bolt and making the seekins a 6 arc
    My advice is swap the upper. Saves quite a bit until you pick up a matched lower receiver set up how you like it. I also agree on Seekins but I’m biased because I own a lot of them. Once you’ve bought some guns from them, they’ll give you preference when you need something from them. You’ll have personal emails and phone extensions for communication. Holds value and is excellent quality.

Reactions: hseII and mrtoyz
    IMO there is one clear answer. Seekins 18” 6ARC.
    IMO they are hands down the best value on the market.
    This all day everyday. For 6 arc complete rifles I don’t know a better deal even if it was several hundred more.
    Don’t buy a BA barrel for 6arc. Buying a budget barrel with questionable results and feeding it premium ammo for accuracy doesn’t usually go well. I’ve seen a few shoot good and a lot not.

This all day everyday. For 6 arc complete rifles I don’t know a better deal even if it was several hundred more.
    Don’t buy a BA barrel for 6arc. Buying a budget barrel with questionable results and feeding it premium ammo for accuracy doesn’t usually go well. I’ve seen a few shoot good and a lot not.
    Think I’m going to throw a rainier arms barrel in the nx15. I’ve had good luck with all 3 barrels I’ve had from them