• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

I want to see 375/408 groups at 1000 yards!!

Re: I want to see 375/408 groups at 1000 yards!!

1k is a chip shot for these rifles, I wouldn't be surprised to see groups that are on par with 7 WSM, 7 SAUM, 300 Winny, 338 LM.

You really want to see groups on plates at 1500 or more, that's where this is going to show what the 375 CT will do.

my testing has proved that a rifle that groups bad at 1000 will group bad at 1500. i do most testing at 1000 i want to compare it to other calibers at one thousand

What Bohem is saying is that you probably won't find people who shoot groups at a 1000 with their Cheytac. I know we never have. The caliber is expensive to shoot so we reserve it for true ERL and XLR shots. Ask for groups at 2000+ and you might have a few takers...

-Chris

2 groups on the plate with slightly different loads IIRC.

How bout honest 4 shot groups at 1000Y. I was surprised the groups weren't bigger because there was 10-12 mph winds.

I had to walk the shots into the plate,thus the high and low splats.

My friend Ross and I teamed up on this steel together with both our 375CT's.We were in a hurry before the wind kicked up so we didn't drive down and repaint the steel between shooting at 2000Y and 2500Y.

We have no idea who's were who's and at which distance the groups happened but as you can see if you look for group patterns we didn't do to bad.

The 350 Hookers were far Superior to the 330 Lehighs at those distances.

Sorry I'm not a real technical shooter.That's all I have to share.

Steve

I have shot with Steve123 and shot his 375CT. That thing can really shoot small group. Last outting that Steve123, JGT, and me went out together, Steve's 375 CT totally obliterated the center of a 36" disk at about 1440 yards.

FWIW, I've been thinking about getting me a 375CT also. 2000 yards is as far as I can push (with some luck) my 338LM.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Mechanic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sure am starting to get an itch for a .375 barrel and bolt for the M96 Windrunner </div></div>

Tell me about it. If we can just convince Bill Ritchie to make a special run for us.

We could all go in on one and just mail it to each other on weekends like a child from divorce...
smile.gif

Here is a group that I shot with my 375 at 2100 yards. That is about as far as I can get with the scope I have now. Group was done early in the morning with almost no wind. It measures 16.562 inches or .789 MOA. Large circle is 10 inches with a 4 inch center circle. I also shot a 21" six shot group at that same outing.

Actually it was 1470 yards and the wind was 10 to 18 mph, and yes he did pound the plate into submission. That was after his first round hit at 1200 that broke the welds and before moving to 1815. The 375 was impressive, love my 338's but now I know my next move.

Not real scientific, but my brother in law spotted for me. I had the target mounted on a 4 foot backer It only took 2 shots to get on the backer. We used the dust signature to get on. After that, it was fire five rounds, then drive down and see where they impacted.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stenger</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am starting to like the 375 keep them coming!!</div></div>
Lawton has been putting out some great work on the .375's. You should give Bobby a call and get it started. He has been working the loads and has submitted some load info for Quickload. If I can find the thread he even showed how to create the load.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steve123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've got 375CT envy,LOL .I love your XLR 375CT!!!! It looks menacing poised on those rocks ready to go into action.Your muzzle brake is way too clean though
grin.gif

Steve </div></div>
Is that an OPS inc.?

Great looking stick XLR

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Mechanic</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steve123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've got 375CT envy,LOL .I love your XLR 375CT!!!! It looks menacing poised on those rocks ready to go into action.Your muzzle brake is way too clean though
grin.gif

Steve </div></div>
Is that an OPS inc.? </div></div>

If you are referring to the MB it's a Lawton.I have no idea who's bipod it is but I like it!

Steve

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JTG</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Actually it was 1470 yards and the wind was 10 to 18 mph, and yes he did pound the plate into submission. That was after his first round hit at 1200 that broke the welds and before moving to 1815. The 375 was impressive, love my 338's but now I know my next move. </div></div>

JTG and D-HK,

I'm looking forward to shooting with you guy's again!!!

That was the most fun I've had in a while!Hopefully we can catch a less windy day next time,LOL that was rough towards the end of the day,wasn't it.I'm working up a new load with Retumbo ASAP cause I finally ran out of AA8700.

Sorry I busted your steel off at 1200Y D-HK
eek.gif
but there was something extremely rewarding about it
wink.gif

Steve

XLR that has got to be one of the sexiest stocks I've ever seen and damn good price as well. You will be hearing from me very soon
grin.gif
Much love for these CT's wish I lived somewhere that I could use one and stretch it out

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: XLR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sure, I always did like show and tell...
wink.gif

</div></div>

I, I, I, I DON´T KNOW WHAT TO SAY YOU ALLMOST MAKE ME KRY WHIT THOSE PICS LOL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ak-kill</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: XLR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sure, I always did like show and tell...
wink.gif

</div></div>

I, I, I, I DON´T KNOW WHAT TO SAY YOU ALLMOST MAKE ME KRY WHIT THOSE PICS LOL </div></div>

Deffenitly a very sexy gun, would love to see pics of the repeater!
-Felipe

XLR

What bullet and what load data did you use to shoot this target, including oal fm the lands? I want to try this load for my snipe tac when its built in a few weeks

zman

Nice looking rifle!
Can we get more info on the bi-pod. Like where to get one, how long would it take to get one, and how much to get one?

Thanks.

R.

Rman, I made the bipod in those pictures, however, I am not producing those for sale at this time. I have several options for those wanting to run a top mount bipod with my stock. I have offerings from RND, Barrett and hopefully soon LR Accuracy. Thanks, Kyle

Bummer, but thanks for the info. I run TRG's and have an A5 stocked rifle as well, and while I like the low gravity of the TRG bipod, I still think a top mount would be even better. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks.

R.

That's good info thanks...Good shooting too....Also, the jamison solids look like the preditors are the one in the same???

zman

That makes sense..thanks..by the way,,,I didn't see your response on the weight of the XLR for a snipe tac...I may have missed it...just the same,,,whats this puppy weigh in at??

zman

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: XLR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not real scientific, but my brother in law spotted for me. I had the target mounted on a 4 foot backer It only took 2 shots to get on the backer. We used the dust signature to get on. After that, it was fire five rounds, then drive down and see where they impacted. </div></div>

PM sent.