• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

I'm drunk as a skunk....I know I'll let my pos e-car self drive me home....what could go wrong?

As a motorcyclist;

Fuck Tesla and fuck self driving and all other nanny "safety" features on the cars. The NHTSA and congress allowed and told these companies to start putting this shit into cars and studies are showing they don't even recognize motorcyclists with any accuracy. And that's before we even get into how it's making everyone even worse at driving and how modern vehicles have complete garbage visibility and far too tall beltlines.

I work automotive and the entire industry has gone to complete and utter shit. I can name the actual reliable currently made vehicles I know of on one hand. And even those have to have at minimum software update recalls.

NHTSA should require bumpers on motorcycles. Four wheels would help, too.

As a motorcyclist;

Fuck Tesla and fuck self driving and all other nanny "safety" features on the cars. The NHTSA and congress allowed and told these companies to start putting this shit into cars and studies are showing they don't even recognize motorcyclists with any accuracy. And that's before we even get into how it's making everyone even worse at driving and how modern vehicles have complete garbage visibility and far too tall beltlines.

I work automotive and the entire industry has gone to complete and utter shit. I can name the actual reliable currently made vehicles I know of on one hand. And even those have to have at minimum software update recalls.

Yeah, my truck doesn't recognize asshats barreling down the stripes 3 - 5 times faster than surrounding traffic, so fuck some of y'all, not all, because the majority obey their surroundings and respect their lives and y'all should take those other assholes out and beat the living shit out of those disrespectful dickheads with crowbar, no software needed.

In 28yrs of driving to work, I have seen at least 4 injured, 2 seriously, because they were trying to occupy the same spot as a much larger vehicle who didn't see them in bumper to bumper and door to door traffic.

• Wow
Reactions: Cody S
Yeah, my truck doesn't recognize asshats barreling down the stripes 3 - 5 times faster than surrounding traffic, so fuck some of y'all, not all, because the majority obey their surroundings and respect their lives and y'all should take those other assholes out and beat the living shit out of those disrespectful dickheads with crowbar, no software needed.

In 28yrs of driving to work, I have seen at least 4 injured, 2 seriously, because they were trying to occupy the same spot as a much larger vehicle who didn't see them in bumper to bumper and door to door traffic.
The vast majority of motorcyclists don't ride like this.

And the vast majority of motorcyclists are the cause of the accidents they get in.

But "safety" systems that kill motorcyclists because the vehicle maker doesn't give a shit about them is unacceptable. More and more motorcyclists are being killed or injured by vehicles with these systems (Teslas have killed multiple just in the past couple years) and yet nothing is done about it because this country where almost everyone once knew how to ride a motorcycle have become risk averse land barge driving dickheads.

I don't know why you even bothered bringing up dickhead riders. Teslas ramming into motorcyclists and killing them because their retarded "safety" features and "self driving" cannot recognize them is not the same as some dude lane splitting down the highway.

And if you're talking about lane filtering at stops? Too bad. More states are passing regs to allow motorcycle lane filtering at stops like virtually every other modern westernized society does because it's safer for the motorcyclists to not be stuck between two vehicles. Especially when some of these massive pieces of shit on the road now are so high you may not even be able to actually SEE someone on a bike in front or behind you.

I am talking about on the freeway, my point is, if the vehicle can't avoid hitting an object, how's a person going to do it when they are focusing forward/sideways and not to the rear.

I also agree with you about the riders being responsible for their injuries because of their carelessness.

I just bought my dad a power wagon so I get it, trucks are sweet. but they're way scarier behind the hands of a *you know where I'm going with this* than a self driving vehicle if used properly.
allow me to give an example.
my darling wife has shit eyes that barely work and she needed a new prescription and found out a week ago while she was out at night driving. instead of having to drive herself home not being able to read a road sign, she used FSD to drive safely and slowly all the way home while she monitored as best she could.
could you imagine if she'd been in my dad's power wagon?

Reactions: Darryle
I just bought my dad a power wagon so I get it, trucks are sweet. but they're way scarier behind the hands of a *you know where I'm going with this* than a self driving vehicle if used properly.
allow me to give an example.
my darling wife has shit eyes that barely work and she needed a new prescription and found out a week ago while she was out at night driving. instead of having to drive herself home not being able to read a road sign, she used FSD to drive safely and slowly all the way home while she monitored as best she could.
could you imagine if she'd been in my dad's power wagon?

That reads an awful lot like she was driving impaired.

Reactions: Redmanss
you can call it whatever you want, it's just a real world example of how it benefitted my wife, and potentially everyone else on the road that night too.

Rationalize how ever you like, but what do you think the outcome would have been if she had an accident and her vision problem were discovered?

Rationalize how ever you like, but what do you think the outcome would have been if she had an accident and her vision problem were discovered?
fine let's play your game. next time you have an accident, perhaps they should check your vision. what's the requirement for passable vision legally? 20/20 "perfect"?
are you automatically at fault if you're not dead on 20/20 or better? even if you only got your glasses 2 months ago and you're barely below the threshold because for whatever reason your eyes picked today while you're out driving to shit the bed, or at least that's the first she noticed it.
seriously, she had an eye exam a couple months prior. Do we mandate eye exams every month to ensure our wives never accidentally drive for 30 minutes without perfect vision? that's probably what it would take. All she couldn't do was read road signs at a distance, but that's enough to make you question your ability. I've done whole ass 10 hour shifts when I was sicker'n shit because them kids gotta eat. that included driving and I was physically drained.
I'd rather people have slightly less than perfect vision and be alert and awake if we're being rational.
regardless of the case, if you have tesla FSD it can assist you when you're not 100% and is quite effective.

fine let's play your game. next time you have an accident, perhaps they should check your vision. what's the requirement for passable vision legally? 20/20 "perfect"?
are you automatically at fault if you're not dead on 20/20 or better? even if you only got your glasses 2 months ago and you're barely below the threshold because for whatever reason your eyes picked today while you're out driving to shit the bed, or at least that's the first she noticed it.
seriously, she had an eye exam a couple months prior. Do we mandate eye exams every month to ensure our wives never accidentally drive for 30 minutes without perfect vision? that's probably what it would take. All she couldn't do was read road signs at a distance, but that's enough to make you question your ability. I've done whole ass 10 hour shifts when I was sicker'n shit because them kids gotta eat. that included driving and I was physically drained.
I'd rather people have slightly less than perfect vision and be alert and awake if we're being rational.
regardless of the case, if you have tesla FSD it can assist you when you're not 100% and is quite effective.

You didn't answer the question.

You better belive if you hurt someone in an accident, while you might escape criminal prosecution, the injured's attorney will hammer any physical/mental limitations like a rail spike.

my darling wife has shit eyes that barely work

If a driver with shit eyes injured someone close to me, Morgan and Morgan just got a new client.

You better belive if you hurt someone in an accident, while you might escape criminal prosecution, the injured's attorney will hammer any physical/mental limitations like a rail spike.

If a driver with shit eyes injured someone close to me, Morgan and Morgan just got a new client.
you realize many people have shit eyes and glasses correct for that completely. but those prescriptions change over times as eyes degrade.
I'm sure you knew that, surely you jest or troll.
also again we don't have accidents and we don't hurt people because we are careful, also we have insurance for that exact thing. Your point is moot.

so now you're saying no one who wears corrective Eyewear can drive.
interesting.
clearly mostly trolls in this thread.
yes, you guys sue all you want or whatever it is trolls do. I'm out.

you realize many people have shit eyes and glasses correct for that completely. but those prescriptions change over times as eyes degrade.
I'm sure you knew that, surely you jest or troll.
also again we don't have accidents and we don't hurt people because we are careful, also we have insurance for that exact thing. Your point is moot.

so now you're saying no one who wears corrective Eyewear can drive.
interesting.

I wear contacts/glasses. Have sine I was in my mid 20s. You described your wife’s eyes as shit using an outdated prescription. My point was and is, who will win if there is a crash? Wouldn’t an Uber be safer and potentially less expensive?