• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

In a Bind ! Need Input on ACOG sale for Leup. HELP

groundhogbuster

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 20, 2012
Western NC
OK, guys, I just purchased a .243 SPS, had the action blueprinted, and have yet to shoot it. I figured I'd shoot the factory barrel through the rest of Varmint Season, and Deer season, and maybe even shoot it out.
Anyway, I sent SWFA the specs (TA11F w/ FT mount, warranty papers etc. BAC NIB) and they offered me $800. ($300 less than I paid for it 4 months ago) But I need a 8.5-25x40 LR and this will about do it. I have a 3-15x50 Tactical Weaver,free, but I'm not a big fan of the FFP, and I also could get a Mcm stock and have some left over. I have over 20 Precision AR rigs in various calibers, and do not wanna sale them until this AWB passes over.Would you guys sale, and get a stock, and other parts, or sale and buy the Leupold? It will be a full custom gun built by either Clay Spencer, or Dave Tooley in it's future, so what to do? I wanna BR rig/Varmint, and the FFP, even though I've never even mounted it, just seems weird to me, as I'm used to shooting 1/4 dot reticles that don't enlarge. Any input?

Re: In a Bind ! Need Input on ACOG sale for Leup. HELP

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: groundhogbuster</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> OK, guys, I just purchased a .243 SPS, had the action blueprinted, and have yet to shoot it. I figured I'd shoot the factory barrel through the rest of Varmint Season, and Deer season, and maybe even shoot it out.
Anyway, I sent SWFA the specs (TA11F w/ FT mount, warranty papers etc. BAC NIB) and they offered me $800. ($300 less than I paid for it 4 months ago) But I need a 8.5-25x40 LR and this will about do it. I have a 3-15x50 Tactical Weaver,free, but I'm not a big fan of the FFP, and I also could get a Mcm stock and have some left over. I have over 20 Precision AR rigs in various calibers, and do not wanna sale them until this AWB passes over.Would you guys sale, and get a stock, and other parts, or sale and buy the Leupold? It will be a full custom gun built by either Clay Spencer, or Dave Tooley in it's future, so what to do? I wanna BR rig/Varmint, and the FFP, even though I've never even mounted it, just seems weird to me, as I'm used to shooting 1/4 dot reticles that don't enlarge. Any input? </div></div>

I have absolutely no idea what your question is???

The Weaver is FFP, and my question is ... Would you sale the new ACOG and buy a MCM stock? or an 8.5-25 Leupy. Lotta $ (at least for someone who works Maintenance for DOD (ME)to go towards 1 thing.

You could probably get 9 or 1k for the TA11 private sale, but going to a dealer is like going to pawn shop. You're gonna get less because they need to profit. If it's worth it to you to do a quick sale for something you really want, I say do it. I've traded in guns that I don't shoot for something I really want. Could I have gotten a few more bucks had I gone through the time to private sale them all? Sure! But time IS money. And to me, it wasn't worth the time to haggle for 50 here and 100 there. If you're going to shoot LR with the rifle the variable scope is worth more than a fixed 3, IMO.