• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Member Link Up In the West KY Area

backyardsniper

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 29, 2011
pottsville, ky
Seeing if anyone is interested in a trip to Rockcastle. Ive never been , but Im very interested in going. I also have a 400 yd range here close. If anyone is close in this area and wants to burn some powder let me know

Re: In the West KY Area

Backyard, I finally broke down and joined Rock Castle a couple of weeks back. You may want to call them before driving over. I can take a guest out once before they have to join and there is a $75 steel set up fee that has to be paid each time you use the 1000+ range. I'm back in college at 42 so until finals are over I have to keep all my brain cells on school or I would be happy to take you out there. Give them a call and see if they have a non-member deal on the 1000+ range. They need to do something like that because so many folks on here ask...

We shot at Mammoth in January over there. First I'd been and it is a pretty cool spot. For Mammoth they had natural terrain shooting positions set up so I'm not sure how they normally do things, but I know they've had other small shoots over there that would be worth getting into if you have pay $75 for just a regular day of shooting.

Is your 400 yard range out at Boaz?

Last time I went, I took some guys from work over lunch. Got out there and the loggers were not only on the rifle range, but logging on the hillside behind the pistol range. We didn't know it til we saw a white t-shirt jump up onto a log. Could have been really bad.

Need to get back out there though. Gettin the itch.