• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Is this our future.

Maggot

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood"
Supporter
Minuteman
Supporter
  • Jul 27, 2007
    Virginia
    We may have more total medals but look at who has the most golds.:confused::mad: As of this AM.

1628084506334.png

Still some good stories coming out of the Olympics...

"I love representing the U.S. I freaking love living there," the Olympic gold medalist said before pumping her fist, smiling, and pulling the stars and stripes tighter to her body.

I'm also going to throw out there that we really need a Gross Domestic Medal Count. You know, all of those athletes that live and train in the US, but "represent" some other country? Yeah, any medals they win were "Made in the USA!"

I floated the idea of tasteful tattoos for all of the athletes to my wife while watching her preferred sport. You know that area of butt below the bikini line on the women's beach volley uniform. Yeah, just a small Olympic Rings and Made in XXXXX based on where you live and train.

Still some good stories coming out of the Olympics...

"I love representing the U.S. I freaking love living there," the Olympic gold medalist said before pumping her fist, smiling, and pulling the stars and stripes tighter to her body.
    Those are the moments that American's feel proud and cheer the athlete, you get to share in their emotions. Its a shame that they allow the few to ruin the support for the Olympics with their bullshit protests and hate of our Country. The few actually make us root for their demise in their respective sport, I know I was hoping the women soccer team lost.

A single swimmer/gymnast/etc can tally mulitple Gold Medals per Olympics, while an entire soccer/basketball/etc team spends 4 years chasing a single Gold Medal on the tally... That just does not make sense and the IOC needs to correct the medal tallies for individual versus team sports and adjust accordingly.

The way they tally the medal count currently is just an insult to team sports...

A single swimmer/gymnast/etc can tally mulitple Gold Medals per Olympics, while an entire soccer/basketball/etc team spends 4 years chasing a single Gold Medal on the tally... That just does not make sense and the IOC needs to correct the medal tallies for individual versus team sports and adjust accordingly.

The way they tally the medal count currently is just an insult to team sports...

Or just get rid of team sports

Hold on a hot minute.

Doesn't China dominate in badminton and table tennis? Are we really going to count those?
    Partly correct.

1. These six sports account for 70% of China's gold in Tokyo so ...

supchina.com › 2021/08/02 › these-six-sports-account
      1 day ago · Of the 29 gold awarded to China so far in Tokyo, only eight have not come from one of the big six. All but two of China’s 17 silver medals have come exclusively from these sports. In table tennis, despite missing out on gold in the mixed doubles to Japan, the Chinese team managed to come through an unprecedented threat to their dominance to ...

So the Chinese government takes kids that show promise away from their parents at a young age and put them in camps. They do nothing but practice and compete in this sport. The best (top 0.001%) emerge as Olympians. The vast majority are left with no skills and no future on the other end, once its clear they will not be Olympians.

State power, pure and simple, clearly illustrated.

Compare with US and the most of the free world. An individual decides they are passionate about something, and pursues it. At first, their parents most likely subsidize. Then as they get older, they need to find a way to make the sport pay. Most also continue their education in skills that will serve them in life once their athletics careers are over with.

Individualism, passion, love of the game, freedom and free will, clearly illustrated.

I know which system I want to live under.

So the Chinese government takes kids that show promise away from their parents at a young age and put them in camps. They do nothing but practice and compete in this sport. The best (top 0.001%) emerge as Olympians. The vast majority are left with no skills and no future on the other end, once its clear they will not be Olympians.

Compare with US and the most of the free world. An individual decides they are passionate about something, and pursues it. At first, their parents most likely subsidize. Then as they get older, they need to find a way to make the sport pay. Most also continue their education in skills that will serve them in life once their athletics careers are over with.

Individualism, passion, love of the game, freedom and free will, clearly illustrated.

^^^Very well said.

In China and Russia, they target a particular sport for it's Olympic medal count, then proceed to target an individual and train them up exclusively for it - like a Manchurian Candidate.

While in the US and most of the free world, we do it for the love of the sport.

Reactions: tomcatmv
    How about chess?

Olympic Cornhole....

Oh wait...

Hack-E-Sack (or however you spell it?)

After all, it IS all just a farce anymore.
    I heard the hardest thing about competing in Hack-e-sac and frisbee golf is telling your parents your gay.

I think having a manbun is the only uniform requirement for either sport.

How about chess?

For fuck's sake.................

I wanna see Olympic group cry in the loudest most annoying people on the planet all come together for a 30 min crying session what a target for a terrorist that would make lol and anyone who's head explodes while crying wins gold Id even pay to support that game . 😭😭😱💥

Reactions: Bullfrog08
    Some have it easier than others .

Same competitor can win many medals on the track running 100 ,200,400m,hurdles,team ,etc , same for swimming where one can competitively compete in many disciplines and distances while most sports are so specific that athletes can aim for one medal at best.

India must be running a lame gene somewhere, seriously 5 medals at 1.36+billion people.

Last edited:
    I'm also going to throw out there that we really need a Gross Domestic Medal Count. You know, all of those athletes that live and train in the US, but "represent" some other country? Yeah, any medals they win were "Made in the USA!"
    ive been saying this for decades

look at how many swimmers go to texas A&M etc...yet dive for a different country

Universities have been poaching successful foreign athletes with scholarships like forever, which hardly makes them made and molded-in US .
    Its just a cheap way to boost University standing, the same way as University's hiring laureates to boost its ranking.

Universities have been poaching successful foreign athletes with scholarships like forever, which hardly makes them made and molded-in US .
    Its just a cheap way to boost University standing, the same way as University's hiring laureates to boost its ranking.

if UCLA "poaches" a kid from canada

gives them a full ride.. subsidized by other American tuition/grants

unless that kid out of high school was already on a Olympic team...we molded them and paid for it

when Harvard steals a lawyer or professor, in his contract of writing 3 books in 5 years

he doesnt put Columbia Laws school he puts Harvard Law School

if UCLA "poaches" a kid from canada

gives them a full ride.. subsidized by other American tuition/grants

unless that kid out of high school was already on a Olympic team...we molded them and paid for it

when Harvard steals a lawyer or professor, in his contract of writing 3 books in 5 years

he doesnt put Columbia Laws school he puts Harvard Law School
    They are not poaching a 'talented kid' but accomplished kids ,kids that have a bunch of titles to their name already.
    If the Unis had the capacity to make champions they wouldn't bother with poaching foreigners would they?

Last edited:

Cuba does the same thing. Its crazy to hear the stories of the tiered system they make the kids grow up in. Your skill level directly determines your living quality.

Is there a place on earth where this is not the case?

Ok, touché. Lol. But if u hear the stories, you'd get what I mean. Joe Rogan had Yoel Romero who was a former cuban wrestler. He broke it down. Amazing podcast. Shit was pretty fucked up and I understand that they still do it this way.

Reactions: Im2bent