• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Is this rifle worth the asking price

scotty2hotty

Private
Minuteman
Aug 6, 2017
I really like the color of this chassis. Wanna get it but kind of think it is overpriced. Can I get the same color scheme? Looking to build a V22 and later 6.5 creedmore. Want a NF 7-35 instead of the S & B.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/772790729

Attachments

• pix015606354.jpg
    pix015606354.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 228
In my opinion way over priced. You could get what you want cheaper brand new.

If you like that chassis style, just get a real AI rifle, either the AT or the AX, you can get both from Mile High or EuroOptic at great deals & have money left over for the scope and come in quite a bit under that asking price.

Reactions: Lunchbox27
I would build your own and just buy that recoil magazine issue
God, is this rifle from that fing magazine? If so, they really know how to pump up bullshit in that mag; been doing it for years, and it’s always a 308 they are pumping up. A 16” 308...yay. Oh it’s built by surgeon, so now it’s a 7k rifle. Fuck outta here. With the scope, that rifle is probably 6k fair value. But that rifle is a snooze and certainly not worth 10k

Run.

Anything I have ever seen from Rocke guns has basically a 40% premium on the price for no fucking reason whatsoever. It's all hype; lipstick on a pig. This should also tell you all you need to know about articles in Recoil, which is basically the same garbage 99% of youtube gun reviewers are - bullshit shilling disgused as opinion.

They sell a 'custom' Tomcar with an unmounted, semi auto M249 with it and they wanted something like 55k for it, when you can buy the same damn Tomcar for somewhere around 28k from the factory with the same paint and mods/upgrades. Adding in the money for a FN semi 249, I couldn't figure out where in the fuck 15k went with that price.

Here's a reddit thread about them that basically concludes they are a bunch of con artists

Here's a M4C thread on them being full of shit http://www.m4carbine.net/archive/index.php/t-160582.html

Here's another ARF thread https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Rocke_Guns/5-1820412/

And my personal favorite: "Rocke Guns provides high end complete deployment and sniper packages to the military, law enforcement, and overseas contractors."

Uh....no you don't.

Basically they are the online gun equivalent of their own hype man. For every 5 people who laugh and walk away, there's another person out there who believes their shit and wants to pay a premium for it because they think they're getting something rare or special. Don't be that guy. They make things sound cooler than they are or sell you the bullshit story instead of the gun; all their listings are long winded tales of 'special this' and 'limited that' and 'contract overrun from the military' or some shit.

Last edited:
I agree with the others. A lot of money to look cool. Get an AXMC or AX308 and you can have multiple calibers with the flick of the wrist. Then you can put on whatever scope you want.

It really is worth going and reading the full description. I don’t know how they get away with this. GB should yank their account. If they were selling Colts and did this the collector community would run them out of business.

But, it’s retarded on its face. If there are only two of these rifles how have they “TAKEN THE TACTICAL COMMUNITY BY STORM!”. There must be only two people in that community. The whole description is a parody of itself.

I wouldn’t buy something from these idiots if it was 1/2 price, much less overpriced hype.

Reactions: fx77
Yea thanks for the help guys. I really like the color, trying to figure it out. I am going to contact guys at Vudoo and see if they could mimick this with their V22.

But it was 100% manufactured in England to insane contract specifications. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::sick:

Look elsewhere and save lots of cash and get what you want in a rifle.

Yea thanks for the help guys. I really like the color, trying to figure it out. I am going to contact guys at Vudoo and see if they could mimick this with their V22.

If you are wanting that look but in a .22 rifle, Just get the V22 barreled action and drop it into an AX configuration AI Chassis system for the R700 style rifles and you are done
(I'm sure they or somebody else could do it for you also).

I fucking hate recoil magazine. They prey on the ignorant with their bullshit editorials of surgeon rifles. This has to be the 10th time I’ve seen this nonsense

Jesus, they priced every component of that thing at full list and then tacked another 25-40% on top.
Contact Accurate Ordinance in N. GA and they will build the same thing for about 1 or 2 grand less. Hint, don't buy optics from the gunsmith, there are plenty of other sources.
I paid $3200 for the same rifle, minus scope, from a source here on the Hide. I added an Atlas bipod, a Bushnell HDMR scope in a Spuhr mount and I was all set for a little under 6 grand. And, it was a 22" Rock Creek bbl in 6.5 Creed. Pierce action and custom trigger, Flawless performance on a 1/2 MOA gun. It would have been better if I was a better shooter.

I will rehash this old thread because I have been curious about the M16A4 lately. They have one for sale on GB, so i decided to ask as simple question.

The question was "Good morning, I called FN to find this out, but they were not helpful. Would it be possible for you to take the flash hider off and measure from the crown of the muzzle to the bayonet lug? Thanks"

My reasoning for this was because had the clearance been enough, I probably would have bought the rifle and been on my merry way, but the response I got was this "1. I do not want to know why. 2. no. thanks"

So fuck those guys and fuck that company. Glad I found this thread as a confirmation of sorts and made a huge mistake dealing with them.