• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Rifle Scopes Is this stupid

Hatley

Private
Minuteman
Jan 26, 2011
Fort Worth TX
I dont care to spend $100+ on a USO. DIP and EGW 20 moa bases are not readily available for a CZ 452.

Could I use one med and one low ring to attempt to cant my scope?

If so, not sure what MOA this would equal. 20, 50, 100?

Is this just a stupid attempt?

Thanks,

Re: Is this stupid

Yep...110%, CERTIFIED STUPID!!

It won't work and you will seriously damage your scope trying to do it (which I am betting will end up costing you more than the price of a proper canted scope base)!

Stupid idea. Rather just buy a set of Burris Signature Zee Rings, in 1" or 30mm sizes you can use the ring inserts for either 10 or 20 MOA of cant.

That's what I do for my Kimber HS 22 LR that has no canted base available.

Link:

Burris Rings

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BobinNC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Stupid idea. Rather just buy a set of Burris Signature Zee Rings, in 1" or 30mm sizes you can use the ring inserts for either 10 or 20 MOA of cant.

Link:

Burris Rings </div></div>

+1 on the Signature Zee rings. Very economical way to get the job done.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bowslngr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BobinNC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Stupid idea. Rather just buy a set of Burris Signature Zee Rings, in 1" or 30mm sizes you can use the ring inserts for either 10 or 20 MOA of cant.

Link:

Burris Rings </div></div>

I use them on several guns. You are guaranteed no ring marks.
As for MOA value, I don't think Burris describes the inserts in MOA value. I think they say the 20 is .020" or something to that effect.

+1 on the Signature Zee rings. Very economical way to get the job done. </div></div>

There are 20 MOA bases available for a CZ452. Rimfire technologies. Call and ask them. Looks like they're updating there site and the CZ section isn't working correctly for me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Im not sure if stupid is the word................... </div></div>

laugh.gif

Probably not stupid just inexperienced. But that is why he came here to get help right?

There are no stupid questions just a bunch of stupid guys too arrogant to ask who then try their stupid ideas and end up costing themselves a lot of money or a thumb or something else.

Good for you for asking!

+1 on the Burris Signature rings. They are the real deal!

Cheap fix, you can adjust them to any MOA droop you want up to 20 MOA, not scope rings dents, and they hold very well!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Oddball-Six</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lazy21</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ar15dotcom is spreading</div></div>

I have thought that in a few threads, lately. </div></div>

Yeah there is a thread where I said it and a nutswinger started cussing at me like some internet weight lifter.

To the OP, dont do it.

Don't do it wont work like others have said just buy a MOA base or check out the rings Bob suggested

Don't worry about some of the reply's you got there have been a few troll's around here lately and well I suppose they thought you may be one.

I don't think you are just had an idea that you didn't need a canted base ?

Hey guy's it probably isn't as stupid as it sound well it is but how many times have we seen people trying to put there canted bases on the wrong way , I guess it is not as easy to understand as some of the more experienced shooter's think it is.

.Dave

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lazy21</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ar15dotcom is spreading </div></div>

Is the quoted post as ironic as it appears??