ISO Handgun red dot that's always on

Sblzrd65

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Sep 29, 2020
East Coast, USA
Looking for a handgun red dot I can leave on all the time. Not opposed shake awake as an option, but the only main goal is to have it on all the time without any effort from me to activate it. I don't mind buying more batteries along the way or giving it some sunlight. What should be options for a carry-sized concealed carry (any Glock 19/Sig P320/etc.) for regular wear/usage?

I have not tried them all, but as far as I know, yes. They stay on. They auto dim if you stick them in a dark drawer. If you adjust the brightness manually, then the auto dim turns off for 16.5 hours, then resumes.

Trijicon recommends manually shutting off the red dot if you are going to store it.

On a carry gun, leave it on, and let the auto dim work. Battery life is 3 years. If you replace it every Jan 1, you will always know it will have a good battery with plenty of cushion.

Reactions: MarinePMI
Looking for a handgun red dot I can leave on all the time. Not opposed shake awake as an option, but the only main goal is to have it on all the time without any effort from me to activate it. I don't mind buying more batteries along the way or giving it some sunlight. What should be options for a carry-sized concealed carry (any Glock 19/Sig P320/etc.) for regular wear/usage?
Trijicon RMR. RMRcc, SRO are always on and have auto-adaptive brightness. Battery lasts forever

All Holosun reflex sight variants are programable to always on. It is called "Lock Mode" in the instructions and activated by holding the "+" button for three seconds.

Meh, I've had two ACOGS factory recharged with tritium, so at least two of them are 10+ years old and work like new (though they don't look new). Not a big fan of their more traditional scopes price/value (made in China?). Never had an issue with the RMR except my FNX somehow throws burnt powder out of the slide and after six or seven mags (90+shots) the RMR gets all sooted over. A wipe with a t-shirt takes care of it, but it's anoying.
I had an extra Trigi red dot that seems overly bulky, but it might be just because it's an early model. I let my kid put it on his air soft rifle... So, there's that...