JP silent captured spring

Re: JP silent captured spring

I... I always just give my buffer springs a handy with a glob of moly lube if they are unreasonably loud.

Outside that, my solution to reciprocating mass issues is heavier buffers and/or springs. I've not needed a spring, but the 'Slash' Heavybuffers are works of art.

I have a scs in my maten .308. It is a very smooth shooting rifle. With that being said don't have any point of comparison.

So my question is this.....For the price, I just do not see it. the reason you hear the spring noise on the AR is because your ear is just a couple inches from the spring. Move 5 or 10 ft away and see if your spring still sounds so loud....especially compared to a shot being fired. if spring noise bothers you....buy a bolt gun.

So my question is this.....For the price, I just do not see it. the reason you hear the spring noise on the AR is because your ear is just a couple inches from the spring. Move 5 or 10 ft away and see if your spring still sounds so loud....especially compared to a shot being fired. if spring noise bothers you....buy a bolt gun.

Or buy a JP Silent Captured Spring :)