• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

K525i DLR vs M7xi 28x

Eric32

USAF
Minuteman
Supporter
  • Aug 14, 2011
    Tennessee
    With the sales going on i am looking at swapping to M7xi

Anyone have exeperice with the newer versions?

Mainly looking for parrallax and Depth of field I have heard the 7-35 ATACR excels on this area. But i like the MSR2 reticle

I'm curious as well. Won a dlr and waiting for it to be delivered, they say it's dof and fov are much better than previous Kahles offerings.

I have a k525i SKMR3 (not DLR) and an M7Xi. I see some CA at max magnification on my M7Xi and haven't looked for it in the Kahles. If you're not a magnification whore, it's a non issue.

M7Xi turrets are crazy snappy and quite a bit more stiff than the Kahles, where the Kahles feels "smoother". Neither is bad, but if you have a preference for turret feel, make your choice there. Turret subtensions on the Steiner are about the same spacing as the original K525i.

Mag ring on the Steiner is also reversed from the Kahles'.

I would recommend making your choice based on reticle, personally. Neither would be a bad choice by any means.

M7 is a great scope. All around solid performer and the MSR2 is the best reticle out there right now IMHO. Below 20x the Steiner holds its own really well but after 20x image quality starts to degrade somewhat. The CA has only been noticeable with very bright or white backgrounds but never has it impaired the image quality, its noticeable around the edges.

I've no experience with the DLR but when I used the older 4-24 the controls being different than my other optics tends to turn me off.