• We're Extending The Deal: Get 30% Off Your Sub With Code HIDE30

We're only offering the deal for another 24 hours!

Subscribe

Keep Weatherby or new rifle

Erickson605

Private
Minuteman
Sep 15, 2020
Minnesota
Hey everyone not sure what to do I have a weatherby vanguard s2 in 308 that I don’t ever shoot and I’d like to get a 6mm creed for some longer range/windy days for coyote hunting I already have a 22-250. So I guess my question is would you keep that action and send it off to preferred barrel blanks for a new barrel or I was looking at a bergara hmr?
Should of said I am on a budget so it’d be to sell the weatherby to purchase the bergara or just spend what looks like 430 to have preferred put on a new barrel.

Vanguards are one of the best bang for the buck rifles out there. With hand loads 1/2 to 3/4 MOA. Definitely sub MOA w/ FGMM ammo.
I’d save the money. Can’t imagine a 6 CM is going to improve your kills inside 800 yards. Are you shooting yotes past that?

No just seems the wind can be a little tricky for myself at least and i don’t reload was looking at that precision hunter for the high bc basically just a gun for the windy days lol was just wondering if a gun already set up for 6 creed would be better or rebarreling that one