• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Kelblys Atlas Tactical

Lionsbreath

Amarillo by morning
Minuteman
Feb 18, 2017
Vanceboro, NC
Who out there is running these things? I wouldn’t mind hearing some legit feedback on this action.. I’m intrigued by this thing, it looks fast, slick and affordable and has some nice features.. Just wondering why it doesn’t get mentioned that often.. Let’s hear it

I run one. Great action. Light bolt lift and real smooth. Have it mounted in an xlr. Only issue i had was mags wanting to come up too far into the action if any pressure was applied to the bottom of the mag. Accurate and aics mags still function but a lot of friction to force over the feed lips. Magpul was a no go. They came up too far and completely stopped the bolt coming forward. Have not had that problem with other actions in xlr chassis. I fixed it by epoxing a block above the mag release in the chassis to keep the mag from advancing up under pressure. After that it functions 100%. Not sure if other chassis have similar problems but only issue I have run into. Great action for the money.

So i have issues with pmags falling out and not feeding properly if there is any pressure applied to them. In the prone, they are by far the smothest though

I have two of them and zero complaints, very smooth and fast cycling action.
I think the reason you dont hear more about them is due to the market being flooded with so many new semi custom actions that run the savage small shank thread pattern that you can order pre-fit barrels with a barrel nut off the shelf.
One of mine is a 6.5x47 in an XLR Carbon chassis and the other is a 65 Creedmoor I bedded into a Greyboe Renegade, both have exceeded my expectations and I'm just getting to the point of fine tuning initial load development.
Being able to just order a shouldered barrel was another big plus for me as well as being able to use any of those barrels on either action.
In my limited experience with them the Kelblys have been great to deal with and very professional when I had questions.

Reactions: Lionsbreath
I have one in an MPA competition chassis. Exceptionally smooth, very robust action. I bought it because of Kelbly’s reputation, its relatively low price ($925 from bugholes, but now available for $895 at bullet central), and its mechanical ejector. My build feeds 6 BR out of AICS pmags without issue. My next build will either be another Atlas Tactical or a Black Bear Tactical (if MPA ever inlets their chassis for it). I highly recommend Kelbly’s actions.

Out of the box the atlas tactical and black bear feel great but once they get cycled a few hundred times they feel outstanding. Like it was said above customer service and response time is lightning fast and informative. I've emailed some companies before and they can be short and dismissive, not kelbly.

There's a lot of great choices for as actions now but kelbly is good to go and a solid choice. Buy with confidence.

Might be my next action instead of a tl3 or an other origin

Tl3 is nice and the bolt lift on it is really smooth and light but I personally don't really care for it. Seems like to get it to feed 100% smooth you have to sort of use your thumb behind the shroud to help guide it forward to prevent it from binding. Not to change the subject of this thread.

Don't have to do that with the kelbly stuff ever. I appreciate that about them.

Tl3 is nice and the bolt lift on it is really smooth and light but I personally don't really care for it. Seems like to get it to feed 100% smooth you have to sort of use your thumb behind the shroud to help guide it forward to prevent it from binding. Not to change the subject of this thread.

Don't have to do that with the kelbly stuff ever. I appreciate that about them.

You rarely see any of the Atlas actions come up for sale around here either.
I was lucky and grabbed a new one from a hide member awhile back but they are few and far between from what I've seen.

I've built 3 of them and cut the barrels to kelbly specs and took the typical measurements as a double check and they came out perfect with minimal headspace using their protrusion spec. No reason you cant have pre-fits made either.

Always ran smooth BUT when you order one ask for the tactical bolt stop. The standard it ships with broke on all 3 after a few dozen rounds of PRS type use. The tactical is beefy and screwed into the side, it needs to be unscrewed for the bolt to be removed. Honestly not sure why Kelbly doesnt make this standard.

Met Ian at a few matches and hes very friendly and as mentioned willing to go into a lot of detail about their products and their experience to help you out. If I was to use a custom action other than a Tempest it would be an Atlas Tac.

I've built 3 of them and cut the barrels to kelbly specs and took the typical measurements as a double check and they came out perfect with minimal headspace using their protrusion spec. No reason you cant have pre-fits made either.

Always ran smooth BUT when you order one ask for the tactical bolt stop. The standard it ships with broke on all 3 after a few dozen rounds of PRS type use. The tactical is beefy and screwed into the side, it needs to be unscrewed for the bolt to be removed. Honestly not sure why Kelbly doesnt make this standard.

Met Ian at a few matches and hes very friendly and as mentioned willing to go into a lot of detail about their products and their experience to help you out. If I was to use a custom action other than a Tempest it would be an Atlas Tac.
Man, this is getting better and better.. I would definitely get the beefier bolt stop, and I wondered too, why it wasn’t a standard option. So pushed-feed, mechanical ejector, trigger hanger, prefits, big ejection port, sexy bolt handle, and they’re built 20 min from where I was born and raised, in Stark County Ohio.. Badass

I really like mine. It's very smooth, no bindding at all and it's a long action. A short one should be even better. I have the flat bolt nose and it feeds 308 (yes, 308 LA haha) like butter with Pmags. Considering it's coated and have tight tolerances, it's under priced IMO.
The only thing to be aware of is the trigger hanger. A tiny bit of material had to be removed from my ESS chassis to make room for the back of the hanger and screw. Really not a big deal but something to consider if you want to assemble it yourself. I also had the recoil lug shortened as it was close to bottom out in the ESS. Again, I really like it, buy with confidence.
Nafta

The kelblys atlas series are badass. If you order from bullet Central you can get it with a Sako extractor if that’s your thing. I have one normal and one with a sako. I get a lot of ppl who want to check it out. They are blown away with smoothness. It’s on par with an impact. And the cock on close paired with a bix n Andy is next level. You will be running the bolt with your pinky.

Kelbly's sponsors Keith Baker and Craig Thomas. They both are both highly skilled shooters. If you see them at a match ask them questions. They are super friendly and know what they are talking about. They will let you check out their setup.

Bang

0B423217-F008-4560-8509-8DE4CBE66D0E.jpeg

Reactions: Nafta