Kelby's Prometheus Action

If you don’t need the weight reduction I would go Prometheus for the full top rail. I wasn’t able to get my rings where I would have liked to on my nanook. It did work but depending on the scope and the person you could run into issues possibly.

Reactions: Secant and parshal
If you don’t need the weight reduction I would go Prometheus for the full top rail. I wasn’t able to get my rings where I would have liked to on my nanook. It did work but depending on the scope and the person you could run into issues possibly.
Interesting. That's not a downside I had considered. Was the issue they were too far forward or back?

Interesting. That's not a downside I had considered. Was the issue they were too far forward or back?

first ive heard but could make sense if a youth shooter or maybe female? or a small scope like the S&B ultra shorts? with most adjustable stocks tho could easily go around this. Guess I got lucky but my NRL light hunter rig fits perfect.

UT NRL 2.jpeg

For me it was far enough forward. I’m 6’5” with a giraffe neck and like a shorter LOP. Like I said, it worked out for me without any real issue but got me thinking it could be a problem for someone that’s outside of the “standard” dimensions.

With the folder added I was able to get far enough back to work but without the folder and the rear ring slid all the way forward on the rail and the scope slid all the way forward it was right on the edge of proper eye relief.

Attachments

• IMG_8017.jpeg
    IMG_8017.jpeg
    741.6 KB · Views: 34
Unless your trying to make a light weight class the amount of ounces ain't going to e that big of a difference only of the action.
I agree. I'm not expecting this to make some level of magical difference, but am looking to make something different and on the lighter end of the spectrum this time around.