• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Kestral 4500

ashland

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 7, 2009
MS
I'm interested in purchasing a Kestral 4500. I looked on its specifications and the DA range seems limited. I think it said from -45 was the bottom range. Can't remember the upper range. The DA I was shooting Sat. was -1605. Is the DA range for the 4500 larger.

Thank you.

Re: Kestral 4500

Thank you Lindy. I did misread it. Just watched Lesson 24 again. Frank was reading current DA and it was higher than what I thought I had read on the specifications. Ordering one now.

Thank you again.

Well Neilson Kellerman is currently rethinking if they should use Horus or FieldCraft due to the fact Horus is only "really accurate" out to about 800m while FieldCraft reaches up past 2000m and incorporates the Kestrel and Vectronix automatically to your PDA.

I don't remember what the DA upper limit is. I live at 7800' and routinely shoot at higher elevations. The highest I remember my Kestral 4500 reading was DA over 10K' -- hot day in Raton, NM.
From my hands on experience I believe it will go well above 10K' for DA. That's about my limit as I can't imagine lugging my AI up to tree line.