Kestrel link with LRF potential improvement

Kestrel Ballistics

Commercial Supporter
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 2, 2018
Boothwyn PA
kestrelinstruments.com
If you have been experiencing breaks in your BT connection between your Kestrel 5700 series meter and your BT LRF, we have a setting that might help. If you have had connection issues, try this and post your results and the type of LRF you are using. When using this Kestrel Link App (not the Ballistic App) you can bypass the registration screen if you do not want to register.

If you have been experiencing breaks in your BT connection between your Kestrel 5700 series meter and your BT LRF, we have a setting that might help. If you have had connection issues, try this and post your results and the type of LRF you are using. When using this Kestrel Link App (not the Ballistic App) you can bypass the registration screen if you do not want to register.

I'll give this a try tonight. I have a 5700 and a Nitro 1800. Will this change any of the connectivity with the HUD?

Not related to pairing with an LRF, but I'm having connection issues with my Kestrel 5700 AL.

I've recently upgraded from an LG V30 to an LG V60. I've downladed the Kestrel Ballistics app and attempted to connect the kestrel to my new phone and it gives me the "device connection failed" error. It pairs with my old phone just fine. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app on both phones and it still only pairs with the older V30.

Is there a bluetooth version issue, or is there some other operator error issue that I am missing?

Not related to pairing with an LRF, but I'm having connection issues with my Kestrel 5700 AL.

I've recently upgraded from an LG V30 to an LG V60. I've downladed the Kestrel Ballistics app and attempted to connect the kestrel to my new phone and it gives me the "device connection failed" error. It pairs with my old phone just fine. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app on both phones and it still only pairs with the older V30.

Is there a bluetooth version issue, or is there some other operator error issue that I am missing?

Turn your GPS on. Seriously.