• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Knights Armament parts availability

Pretty much. I still respect the engineering that they goes into their stuff, but at this point, the AR is a very mature platform and even if you went with some mid grade(BCM), mid length upper, you are not practically losing much compared to insert your favorite gucci brand.

If there is ever a question on parts available with KAC, just remember, they have had people waiting for over 5 years at this point for them to complete their lunchbox special rifle with no end in sight.

Kac makes really good stuff, but not anything that's good enough to warrant having to wait more than a few weeks.

Oh I agree, hence why it has been a few years since I have bought anything with their roll mark.

I’ve seen unshot Mod 1’s go for 8K recently. The Mod2’s have this thing where no one verifies if the barrel is sorted out at Krieger or are Krieger blanks that get worked over in Titusville.

how much do forcefully shot Mod 1s with relatively low round count, well cared for QD cup lowers, and original Triple Taps go for?

Reactions: 01911
What does this “secret sauce” do that makes it better than Seekins?
Phased gas array makes it one of the softest shooting di gas guns, while controlling dwell, reducing erosion that can bias a bullet, and made with some of the best cut rifle barrels money can buy. Also their nanoweapon coated stuff is probally the best weapon coating out there.

Reactions: stanley_white
PRG cans are. i think it stands for "purge"
The first pressure reduction suppressors were given the "PRT" (Pressure Reduction Technology) designation. Closely following that came the patented Auto-Purge (PRG) first round flash reduction design features. The 556 QDC/CRS-PRT does have auto-purge built into it, but as it was a program that already had nomenclature assigned to it, we stuck with "PRT" for it. As the names had already grown to a ludicrous jumble of initializations, we didn't want to wind up with "556 QDC/CRS-PRT: PRG" as a model name, so we elected to only use one additional descriptor. Thankfully, we will be releasing a renaming of the line shortly.

Last edited:
I’ve seen unshot Mod 1’s go for 8K recently. The Mod2’s have this thing where no one verifies if the barrel is sorted out at Krieger or are Krieger blanks that get worked over in Titusville.
Barrel processing for Mod 1s and Mod 2 were identical with regard to the Kreiger blanks. Blank came from Kreiger, in-house KAC barreling did the rest. Kreiger was unable to support our relatively small number of blanks around COVID times, so the decision was made to do them in-house when time permitted. That hasn't happened yet, and when asked, dealers tell us to keep their orders on the books for when they are released with the full in-house KAC barrels. Anyone that doesn't want that should cancel their order.

Reactions: Tex68w and 01911
If there is ever a question on parts available with KAC, just remember, they have had people waiting for over 5 years at this point for them to complete their lunchbox special rifle with no end in sight.
The Lunchbox Special is a constant reminder that no good deed goes unpunished.
We offered these as a cool little project to get some neat stuff out to the community at a pretty low cost. Was supposed to take about 6 months, but items and material that were available to support that project were suddenly needed to fulfill contract demand as it overlapped serious supply problems for critical parts to meet contractual obligations. Right about that time we also had to cease all commercial sales of firearms, uppers, lowers, and suppressors. We are still several months out on completing those standing backorders, some of which date back to 2019. The LB parts were released in sequences, with 2 of 3 complete. As soon as we have the rest of the parts for the 3rd release, they'll go out. There have been a few buyers that have already sold off their first and second releases of parts at a pretty significant gain, and that's understandable. Sometimes things don't go as planned, didn't foresee "worldwide pandemic" affecting the LB release, but here we are.

how much do forcefully shot Mod 1s with relatively low round count, well cared for QD cup lowers, and original Triple Taps go for?

For a while the Triple Taps were selling for insane money. Over a grand.

I think the new 3D printed TT's kind've killed that resale market. I'm not sure what the current market demands for a TT are. It may still be worth splitting up from the Mod 1.

For a while the Triple Taps were selling for insane money. Over a grand.

I think the new 3D printed TT's kind've killed that resale market. I'm not sure what the current market demands for a TT are. It may still be worth splitting up from the Mod 1.

yeah, they were selling for several grand for a while. i would still think the EDM cut 3Ts would command a premium over the new ones. I still use mine as a suppressor mount. THE HORROR! Its going to explode!!!1!!!OMG!!! :cool:

Reactions: kthomas