KRG BRAVO bipod mounting

Qwkcrss

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 24, 2020
Looking to get a krg bravo.. I still dont understand how I can mount a bipod to it. Cant find any pictures of the rail. Anybody have the setup and have pictures or advice?

What mounting system do you have on your bipod? Sling stud (Harris), picatinny, ARCA/RRS?

I put an ARCA/RRS plate and spigot on the wife's bravo. Her bipod is mounted using the RRS slots machined into the spigot.

Atlas Cal2, KRG pic rail

Attachments

• IMG_20200317_121446.jpg
    IMG_20200317_121446.jpg
    446.8 KB · Views: 1,011
The spigot is better option. It bolts to aluminum backbone, very rigid. Rail or stud on polymer forend will flex, unless they have changed it. The one I was around just bolted to plastic, not what I'd prefer.

Reactions: Qwkcrss
The spigot is better option. It bolts to aluminum backbone, very rigid. Rail or stud on polymer forend will flex, unless they have changed it. The one I was around just bolted to plastic, not what I'd prefer.

It's plenty sturdy. More-so than a polymer stock that works for people every single day.

I did a spigot just to move the balance point. I had zero issues using the stud for a Harris.

spigot and mounted direct A.R.M.S. 17S Style. Not necessary but I milled a slot in the spigot for for a better fit and to push the apex as close to the barrel as I could.

The bipod felt too high when mounted to the pic rail below the hand guard.

20200317_210533.jpg

Attachments

• 20200317_210459.jpg
    20200317_210459.jpg
    286 KB · Views: 376
My two setups, bipod or benchrest plate.

20190816_172405-L.jpg

I've been considering an Arca rail that would ride on a benchrest bag or shooting bag ok and accept a bipod, though I like the extended length (pivot) of the Spigot mount.

Reactions: Gleetu and pilotjoe
Good info on here, thanks guys. I'm in the process of building a rifle now. Getting a Bergara HMR barreled action off of a buddy (has the HMR Pro bolt in it and barreled action was sent to LRI to get trued and blued). Definitely planning on dropping that barreled action into a KRG Bravo and just doing my recon to figure out all the little details ahead of time so I don't waste time and money trying stuff that people already identified as an issue. I'll definitely be investing in a spigot mount for the bipod (y)