• It's Hunting Season: Show Us Your Rack!

Hunting season is finally here and we want to see pictures of your rack! Show us what you've got and we'll throw in a few t-shirts to people that send pics 👀

View thread
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

KRG Bravo vs MDT Oryx

AManWearingAHat

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Oct 10, 2019
Question for the membership. Did some searching but didn't find a satisfactory answer so I figured I'd ask. Those that have experience with one or both what was the deciding factory between the Oryx and the Bravo? I'm working on a new build this winter and I'm between either a 700 short action or a T3 so compatibility shouldn't be an issue.

How does weight compare? Adjustability? Magazines and feeding? Overall build quality and fit? Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks.

I have both. Both are good quality, value for money options.

Between the two I see no material difference in weight, adjustability, feeding or quality.

If I could only keep one, it would be the Oryx for no reason other than personal preference. For me, the Bravo is a poor imitation of something much more expensive even though it functions just fine. Form over function, I know.

I shoot them both equally well.

Here's a thread on this subject:

Between the two I see no material difference in weight, adjustability, feeding or quality.

If I could only keep one, it would be the Oryx for no reason other than personal preference. For me, the Bravo is a poor imitation of something much more expensive even though it functions just fine. Form over function, I know.

I have both as well and agree as far as quality goes, but I like my B better. Maybe it’s a personal fit thing? I don’t know, I just like the fit and feel of the B better.

Reactions: Cfshooter

I have different take on bravo. I consider it a cheaper alternative to t2a/t6a with gen2 mini chassis. I'm not aware of any traditional feeling stock with higher quality integral bedding/dbm that weighs close to those 2 manners in carbon in the sub 900 range. Conversely, the oryx doesn't do anything that other sub 600.00 chassis can do. It's a slightly cheaper imitation of quality chassis. I'm sure I'm gonna get drug for this, but after owning prs1&2, t2a, t5a, t6a all with mini chassis, none of those are anymore stable, accurate, or lighter than the krg. The manners are definitely higher quality materials, polymer vs carbon or fiberglass, but as far as chassis/dbm, the krg is equal.

I had both and now only have the Bravo. Both are great and are a great value, but also totally different feels. The Oryx is more like the "chassis" style and the Bravo is more towards a traditional stock style. I do not think I will ever purchase another "chassis" style, but that is just a personal preference thing.