• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

WTB Larue 5.56 match grade upper

Wanting To Buy
I have one of LaRue's16" 'match grade' which I recently bought for $749. The jury is still out on it. At first time on range, the upper shot sub-moa at 100 yards but my reloaded ammo (which passed go no-go test) kept sticking in the chamber. I sent the upper back to LaRue and they blamed a dirty barrel (which I cannot understand after it sat in a cleaning tank for 5 days and patched clean) and returned it to me. I had a few cases that were tumbled in rogue which may have explained the dirt, but this has never been an issue in my other uppers. When I got my upper back from LaRue, I went back to the range with high hopes. Rounds were no longer sticking in the chamber but groups were 4" plus at 200 yards, hardly sub MOA. To eliminate my ammo as being the problem, I had another shooter fire my ammo through his Kreiger National Match Upper. The Result: groups was less than 2" at 200 yards, well within sub MOA parameters. To isolate my problem further he then fired his ammo through my LaRue upper (just to make sure it wasn't my shooting technique) and he had close to same results, a 4" group at 200. I called LaRue asking for return authorization / refund (I really don't have time for equipment that doesn't work) but they refused insisting the upper fired 'perfectly' on their test platform with Federal Gold Medal Match ammo. Having no other choice but to move forward, I told LaRue I would go ahead and give the upper one more chance with Federal GM ammo but if it didn't perform, I was told they wouldn't refund for any reason and insisting it was my reloads that caused all the trouble. We will see what happens with the Federal GM but if I still don't get the performance I expected, I'll never buy another LaRue product again. Load was 21.8 grains H335 behind SMK 77's, standard cartridge OAL.