• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site Updates Coming Soon - We're Updating The Homepage!

We've got some exciting changes coming, check the thread below for more info!

VIEW THREAD

Let's discuss tattoo removal, shall we.

oneshot86

Minuteman
Jul 13, 2001
citrus park ,fl
IMG_20240620_111838.jpg

I know this is a joke, but I have done quite a few back in the day with a Qswitched laser. Biggest project was a girl with upper back portrait of Rudolph Hess she got dating a skinhead. Black and grays were the easiest to remove - homemade easier than pro., some colors (such as orange) were challenging with the technology back then.

Reactions: MarshallDodge
I have one I would like removed. Nothing obscene or large just don't want it. I don't like how my daughter looks at it. It's a 3" Celtic knot. If the laser place was not so far away and require so many visits....it would be gone. The M18 angle grinder looks like a possible solution

Reactions: Snipe260
Young and in med school? I predict LOTS of business in the future when these dumb twats realize the long passed fashion fad is showing their age.

Reactions: Husker88
I was seriously into the punk scene in my early 20s... I have gone back and forth on removing or covering a tattoo on my back from that time. Haven't done anything but wear a shirt to the pool. "FUCK YOU!".

I was seriously into the punk scene in my early 20s... I have gone back and forth on removing or covering a tattoo on my back from that time. Haven't done anything but wear a shirt to the pool. "FUCK YOU!".
Don’t wear a shirt, this goes perfectly together with a MAGA hat…

my oldest got a crown of thorns around an ankle when she was 23. removal was big $ and LOOONG time,many visits. my idiot grandsons both have sleeves. i wonder what those will look like and what they wish for when they are in their 60s. IF (LOL) we still have a society when millennials get old,the growth market for plastic and orthopedic hand surgeons will be huge. comp and cell phone usage will destroy (and is already) the joints in the hand/wrist area of 2+ generations.

Reactions: UKDslayer
For those wanting tattoos removed, you might check with the VA. A friend had his removed by the VA. Don't ask me how they consider that service connected treatment but he got it done.

Reactions: Snipe260
I love seeing 20 year old girls covered in tats, makes me smile when thinking how all that will look at age 40-50.

Seriously, Ive seen some great tats on young women. Ive seen very few great tats on women over 40.

Ive learned my fair share of hard lessons, they will too.

So you want to get a tattoo?

That's fine, your body, your choice

Doesn't always go as planned though

This happened to a customer of mine.

Got an elephant to honor his grandma (don't ask, I didn't)
tattoo bad 1.jpg

It started going south with his skin not liking the ink or something
tattoo bad 2.jpg

And ended with hamburger calf and much discomfort and a hospital stay
tattoo bad 3.jpg

He's decided this will be his last tattoo

I think it's a good call

View attachment 8443242

View attachment 8443243

View attachment 8443244

I think it's a good call

That looks painful.

Try Mercurochrome…

Sirhr

I know this is a joke, but I have done quite a few back in the day with a Qswitched laser. Biggest project was a girl with upper back portrait of Rudolph Hess she got dating a skinhead. Black and grays were the easiest to remove - homemade easier than pro., some colors (such as orange) were challenging with the technology back then.

Who in the hell gets a Rudolf Hess tattoo? I mean that is the skin head equivalent of getting Walter Mondale tattooed on your back.

Even hardcore Skokie Bund marchers would be like “who?”

IMG_2344.jpeg

Good God Nazi’s are dumb!

Sirhr

View attachment 8443242

View attachment 8443243

View attachment 8443244

I think it's a good call

Nobody likes a quitter ......

• Haha
Reactions: Cowpokey
I spent a lot of time in tattoo parlors when I was younger trying to pick out the 'perfect' first tattoo. Many of those occasions I was there while friends I had at the time were getting full sleeves done or onto their, I don't know how else to put it than 'next', tattoo. I came close several times but never pulled the trigger because I never got past the question of- what I think would be cool or symbolic/important now never seemed to pass the roadblock/apprehensions I had in my mind so I guess I "chickened out" likely more times than anyone here.

Not necessarily anti-tattoo myself but I never could seem to make the commitment. I'm not particularly wild about ladies with ink but- that's also none of my business what they choose to do with their skin either I suppose.

But to anyone pursuing tattoo removal, all I can say is that while I haven't been there myself personally, I've grown to know a number of folks that have and understand it's a rather shitty process (which is why many I know just chose a cover up tattoo) but I do wish you the best.

-LD

Reactions: Modoc
I love seeing 20 year old girls covered in tats, makes me smile when thinking how all that will look at age 40-50.

Seriously, Ive seen some great tats on young women. Ive seen very few great tats on women over 40.

Ive learned my fair share of hard lessons, they will too.

A girl who is a 10 and has tats instantly becomes a 4 for me. I find it exceedingly disgusting.

Tattoos on a beautiful woman are like warning labels on a bottle of poison.

With that said, I like seeing tattoos on women. It lets' me know, without any doubt, who the crazy ones are and I should avoid at all costs.

It makes the selection process easy.

Nah! It couldn't be the tattoos and the hog ring; could it?

And now for a musical interlude.

A girl who is a 10 and has tats instantly becomes a 4 for me. I find it exceedingly disgusting.
I've never liked tats on women, either, and have gotten a lot of shit over the years voicing that opinion. There are some (tats) that I thought were interesting or cool, but I still don't know about pursuing a long term relationship with the person.

Don't know if you're still dating or around or not, but man, let me tell you it is HARD to find a woman without tats. The amount of women I see with neck tats, "chest pieces", large tats on their abdomen, or full leg/arm sleeves is shocking.

Trying to find an attractive, not-overweight, non-BLM supporting, non-LGBTQIATF+ supporting, no tat having woman is like trying to rope the wind.

Reactions: gatorbait308
Tattoos on a beautiful woman are like warning labels on a bottle of poison.

With that said, I like seeing tattoos on women. It lets' me know, without any doubt, who the crazy ones are and I should avoid at all costs.

It makes the selection process easy.

Nah! It couldn't be the tattoos and the hog ring; could it?

And now for a musical interlude.

Probably not that tattoos. Probably just keeps choosing the wrong guys. People like to rant about what they want. What she really wants. Is the guy she wants to be that kind of guy. If she just wanted a guy like that. Dime a dozen.

My wife and I both have tattoos. I am about as likley to get my tattoos removed as I am to get plastic surgery to cover old scars. They may look like ass when I am old. Your skin looks like ass when you get old. Except your pecker and your palms cause you use lotion every day. 🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
...and the hog ring

Years back George Carlin had a bit about nose piercings and I think he nailed it. Basically "I'm going to put this thing in my face and force people to deal me!" Attention seekers many of them. Best ignored.

I had a conversation about them with a gal recently. Obviously her opinion was "Well I think they look nice."
I said of course you do. But you're wrong, it doesn't look nice, it looks like you have snot dripping out of your nose.

Years back George Carlin had a bit about nose piercings and I think he nailed it. Basically "I'm going to put this thing in my face and force people to deal me!" Attention seekers many of them. Best ignored.

I had a conversation about them with a gal recently. Obviously her opinion was "Well I think they look nice."
I said of course you do. But you're wrong, it doesn't look nice, it looks like you have snot dripping out of your nose.
She's never heard that beauty belongs in the eye of the beholder.

My wife has tattoos. I do not. You’d never expect that she does, as she doesn’t give off the “tattoo person” vibe. They’re also easily covered by a short sleeve tee shirt.

But, I think a lot of people with tattoos get them with little forethought as to location, motif, design, or how they fit into their overall “body art.” A cohesive sleeve can be wicked. Most people with tats just look like a sketch pad from freshman year of art school.

I have a buddy with a full sleeve tattoo that documents his military service. As far as I know, it’s his only piece, but it was done with a ton of forethought, over several trips (years), and every addition was done while taking into account what had come before.

As to piercings, I don’t mind multiple ear piercings, a nose stud, or an eyebrow ring. But, lobe gauges and bull rings are instant turn offs. They do, however, appear to be good places to attach a leash…

Reactions: Modoc
They are doing it because it's the style of the era. Everyone they see on TV is mapped up. I bet over 50% of the population have one or more tattoos at this point.

Probably a lot of moms out there that had their faces all peirced up during the 90s grunge era.

Reactions: sgtsmmiii
Was saved from getting a tat while blind drunk at Osan AFB in about 1978 by squadron mates. I still feel I owe those guys one! haha

My problem is that I never could think of something I wanted to look at for the rest of my fucking life.

And I'm old and tats on a gal still say "tramp stamp" to me and that attitude doesn't seem to be changing anytime soon.

Now I did ride in a club (Harley's...not Schwinn haha) with a guy who owned a tattoo joint. He opened a piecing parlor at the ocean and when I found out how much women paid him to put a hole in their nip for a ring, I was tempted to go out and buy a nail gun. "Honey, just put that titty on that block of wood and look away....ah, that'll be $300" LOL

Last edited:
Reactions: LuckyDuck
Remember the eagle-globe-anchor/USMC iron-on decal that you had to DIY on your BDU pocket? Knew a Cpl. with that tattoed on his right shoulder. He used to go around telling all the non-rates that it WAS the iron-on and yeah, it hurt but man the fuck up. Never heard of anybody actually trying it but you know there had to be at least one.

Was saved from getting a tat while blind drunk at Osan AFB in about 1978 by squadron mates. I still feel I owe those guys one! haha

My problem is that I never could think of something I wanted to look at for the rest of my fucking life.

And I'm old and tats on a gal still say "tramp stamp" to me and that attitude doesn't seem to be changing anytime soon.

Now I did ride in a club (Harley's...not Schwinn haha) with a guy who owned a tattoo joint. He opened a piecing parlor at the ocean and when I found out how much women paid him to put a whole in their nip for a ring, I was tempted to go out and buy a nail gun. "Honey, just put that titty on that block of wood and look away....ah, that'll be $300" LOL
I never got drunk enough to get ink.

But covered from head to toes... literally... with scars.

So one is something I can buy. The other is something that got rather painfully earned. You know, in marketing. Or.. stuff like that.

Scars are who you are. Tats are who you want to be. I have nothing against tats. But most folks with scars earned them. Most folks with tats... Say no more.

Sirhr.

I never got drunk enough to get ink.

But covered from head to toes... literally... with scars.

So one is something I can buy. The other is something that got rather painfully earned. You know, in marketing. Or.. stuff like that.

Scars are who you are. Tats are who you want to be. I have nothing against tats. But most folks with scars earned them. Most folks with tats... Say no more.

Sirhr.
All of my scars are the result of stupid.