• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Let's see the Bergara HMR builds...

scgolfer88

Private
Minuteman
Aug 29, 2013
Lexington, SC
Just picked one up after a year of looking. Got the 6.5CM which seemed to be the challenge to find.

Getting ready to set a NF SHV on top for now. Hopefully upgrade to an NXS in a couple years. Looking for bipod/suppressor/other misc accessory ideas you guys have done.

Hey Scgolfer88!

I just bought a HMR in 6.5 as well but won't be getting it in a few weeks. I plan on buying a Nightforce base and rings as well as a Harris Swivel bipod. I am still deciding if I want to get the 6-9 length or 9-13. I'm mostly going to be shooting prone and take a few Sniper classes next year. I can't afford a Nightforce scope and will most likely be getting a SWFA SS.

I guess we were thinking along the same lines. I have a Dobbs Defense ARC30 suppressor coming any day now as well.
e4308865bfd5cc4c774f27f1b25aad61.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Bussterwyatt
I guess we were thinking along the same lines. I have a Dobbs Defense ARC30 suppressor coming any day now as well.
e4308865bfd5cc4c774f27f1b25aad61.jpg

Just picked up my NF yesterday, hopefully get some time to mount it up this weekend. Beginning research on the Can situation now. So far I'm between the SCo Omega and the TB ultra 7. It'll probably be the first part of the year before I start that process though.

What scope caps do you have, that's gonna be my next thing to pick up.

Reactions: Bussterwyatt
Got my Bergara 6.5CM to the range, finally, yesterday and it's definitely a shooter. I got this 1.72" group from 300 yards with 140gr Hornday ELD Match.
3af06b75bf9a2d26222feac9b966c951.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Got my Bergara 6.5CM to the range, finally, yesterday and it's definitely a shooter. I got this 1.72" group from 300 yards with 140gr Hornday ELD Match.
3af06b75bf9a2d26222feac9b966c951.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

That's some serious accuracy.

Do they now have an aiming mark on the Kongsberg targets, or is it still a big black circle for shooting with irons?

Here’s mine. Seekins (medium-high??) rings, vortex razor 5-20, seekins 20moa base, silencerco omega, triggertech flat blade trigger, and a harris bipod with qd mount. Just over 1000 rounds through it so far and it’s been great. Runs the 130gr Hornady ELDM and Berger AR Hybrids at same (2820fps) velocity and both shoot lights out. Half MOA groups or better out to 600 yards.

Attachments

• photo73330.jpg
    photo73330.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 976
That's some serious accuracy.

Do they now have an aiming mark on the Kongsberg targets, or is it still a big black circle for shooting with irons?

Still the big black circle. I saw once on their website that they'll put a target with a smaller aiming point (one of the NRA targets I think) over the circle if you let them know a day ahead of time and pay an extra $5. I can't find it on the site now though.

Still the big black circle. I saw once on their website that they'll put a target with a smaller aiming point (one of the NRA targets I think) over the circle if you let them know a day ahead of time and pay an extra $5. I can't find it on the site now though.

Did you use something like the bottom or top edge of the aiming mark as your reference and dial in an offset into your scope? I would imagine trying to hold center on a big, featureless black circle can't be easy with a scope like it is with aperture sights.

Did you use something like the bottom or top edge of the aiming mark as your reference and dial in an offset into your scope? I would imagine trying to hold center on a big, featureless black circle can't be easy with a scope like it is with aperture sights.

Yeah, I tried to dial the magnification just right so a top and bottom stadia line were just at the top and bottom of the circle.

I just ordered one of these in 6.5CM and am ordering a MCS TA stock for it. Before I order it though, does anyone know if the Bergara action will have any issues feeding from Surgeon DBM/AW mags? Or if there will be any issues cutting the action for AW mags?

It will not take AW mags unless they have changed the action in the last few months. The ARC double stack mag should work though.

Debating the switch from my Remington in .308 to a HMR in 6.5cm. I was looking at putting the new (almost out) KRG Bravo on my 700 because I would like detachable mags. I did some fuzzy math and I think I would be better off just switching platforms at this point (I am not reloading, don't have a ton invested in the 700, and I can take my scope, mount, and rings over to the HMR).

How do people like the stock? I went and held one this weekend and it seemed pretty solidly made. I was waiting for the Bravo chassis for my 700, but is seems like the HMR stock has a decent amount of the same features. If they are pretty close in design, basically if I look at the HMR as $600 rifle in a $350 chassis as well. Side by side the HMR beats my 26" 700 SPS (1:10 vs 1:12, threaded barrel vs non threaded, smoother action). The upside from my 700 is its a known entity and its a 1997 pre-freedom group gun.

I was debating picking up one in .308 since gunprodeals.com has them for $855 right now and that beats anything I can find locally. I have a M1a and Ruger GSR in .308 so I already have a bunch of that laying around. It seems though that everyone is switching to 6.5cm. How are people who have switched form .308 to 6.5cm liking the switch over?

Last edited:
Debating the switch from my Remington in .308 to a HMR in 6.5cm. I was looking at putting the new (almost out) KRG Bravo on my 700 because I would like detachable mags. I did some fuzzy math and I think I would be better off just switching platforms at this point (I am not reloading, don't have a ton invested in the 700, and I can take my scope, mount, and rings over to the HMR).

How do people like the stock? I went and held one this weekend and it seemed pretty solidly made. I was waiting for the Bravo chassis for my 700, but is seems like the HMR stock has a decent amount of the same features. If they are pretty close in design, basically if I look at the HMR as $600 rifle in a $350 chassis as well. Side by side the HMR beats my 26" 700 SPS (1:10 vs 1:12, threaded barrel vs non threaded, smoother action). The upside from my 700 is its a known entity and its a 1997 pre-freedom group gun.

I was debating picking up one in .308 since gunprodeals.com has them for $855 right now and that beats anything I can find locally. I have a M1a and Ruger GSR in .308 so I already have a bunch of that laying around. It seems though that everyone is switching to 6.5cm. How are people who have switched form .308 to 6.5cm liking the switch over?

I think you would be surprised and very and very happy with picking up the HMR. I have far less knowledge and experience then a lot of the guys in here, as I build my rifles mainly as hunters. I don't do too much range shooting, but I'd like to start trying..

Over the years I've owned several 700s, still have a mildly custom 2000ish 700 in .270 that's a tack driver. I've shot several full custom 700s and at some point will probably pull mine apart and do a full build. But for a bone stock, out of the box rifle, the HMR is extremely hard to beat!!! Itll group tighter then I can hold them, and it's got 3 headshot kills over 250yds to its record this year already.

Only things i would like to change at some point is put a 5-20x SHV on it and after this season I'm gonna send the bolt to LRI for fluting.

I recently purchased the Bergara HMR in 6.5. I had never heard of them. It was love at first sight! It came with a 20 Moa base but didn't have a brand name on it. I actually bought a 20 Moa base and got home to find one packed with the rifle. That made me smile. I topped it wth sig low rings (not familiar with their rings but the gun shop seemed confident). Then I went with the Vortex Viper PST gen2 5-25x50 Moa reticle. Most expensive scope I've ever bought. I used to be a $200 scope guy. I definitely see the difference. Bought the vortex defender flip caps, they seem better made than the butlers I've broken in the past and yep lifetime warranty so sounded good. I also installed the vortex level fwiw. Replaced the two front sling studs with a rail. Currently have a Vanguard bipod on it that allows you to swivel and "lean" the rifle if needed. Not sure I love this bipod but I will give it a good try. Decided to join this forum and share my setup. I've been reading lots of good info here.

Attachments

• IMG_1229.JPG
    IMG_1229.JPG
    41.1 KB · Views: 647
Last edited:
Reactions: Zack_va248
I've been studying on suppressors lately. Anyone have experience with the PTP CHIEF line?

Never heard of the PTP Chief, but...
FWIW, my next can will be a Thunderbeast Ultra 5 6.5. I have a SiCo Omega now, and it's pretty cool, but too long and too many moving parts for my taste, I want a set-it-and-forget it can. Also, on a full-power rifle it is surprisingly loud, don't get me wrong, it does a lot, and lets me hunt without earpro, but I'm not hiding the fact that I'm shooting from anyone. Thus, I feel like the TBAC will let me do more or less the same thing for less size/weight/length addition.

I recently purchased the Bergara HMR in 6.5. I had never heard of them. It was love at first sight! It came with a 20 Moa base but didn't have a brand name on it. I actually bought a 20 Moa base and got home to find one packed with the rifle. That made me smile. I topped it wth sig low rings (not familiar with their rings but the gun shop seemed confident). Then I went with the Vortex Viper PST gen2 5-25x50 Moa reticle. Most expensive scope I've ever bought. I used to be a $200 scope guy. I definitely see the difference. Bought the vortex defender flip caps, they seem better made than the butlers I've broken in the past and yep lifetime warranty so sounded good. I also installed the vortex level fwiw. Replaced the two front sling studs with a rail. Currently have a Vanguard bipod on it that allows you to swivel and "lean" the rifle if needed. Not sure I love this bipod but I will give it a good try. Decided to join this forum and share my setup. I've been reading lots of good info here.
Whats the measurement from bottom of the rings to center of optic on this? Im running the same setup but seekins rings that are .82” from bottom to center. Just trying to make sure they work