• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Rifle Scopes Leupold CCH Reticle Sub tensions?

HairyDemon

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 10, 2013
San Antonio, TX
So the new Leupold site is just Dog shit, I am sorry but that is the truth. I can find pictures but nothing describing actual measurements and sub-tensions. This is one of the few reticle options from leupold that does not come at a huge price increase. I would like to try a holdover reticle like this on my 300WM ELR setup. Thanks in Advance.

Attachments

• leupold_cch_ff_reticle_jpg.gif
    leupold_cch_ff_reticle_jpg.gif
    10.7 KB · Views: 145
Reactions: Lynn313
It is a bad bad website. You can't even see a clear, up close picture of the rericle. I've seen the cch reticle in a mark 5 and its pretty nice. To me, it reminds me a lot of the H59 reticle. Just a little busier.

I know this is an old post, but I agree. Their website is trash. I was trying to find the same thing and I stumbled across your post.
Same thing. Really limited information. Just the opposite of Tremor3 and Accuracy 1st where you find video’s tutoring you to use it as designed. The V chevron are designed for moving target estimation, but I have of yet to find guidance on how to maximize it’s use. The Leupold engineer who designed it was on a YouTube video talking about the Mark 5HD & mentioned a few things. It was obvious he is an introvert & was very nervous on camera. They could at least write up a piece about thier thought process that went into the design and place it on their blog & use the young man who is an extrovert to make a video to post on thier YouTube site.

I just bought a NIB VX-3i 8-25X50 FFP MIL Side Focus with the CCH reticle. I can not find any video's on how to use this properly. It appears you use turret dial up off the data from a Kestrel 5700 and then is correcting is needed your spotter tell you your holdover and windage and then you place the relative mark no matter what magnification you are to compensate for both. I have this same scope but with a TMR. I was wondering if anyone knew if it was possible to send this scope back to Leopuld and have them take out the CCH and put in a TMR. If anyone knows please advise.