• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Rifle Scopes Leupold Mark 4 8.5-25×50 LR/T M1 Info and questions

eddahenry

Private
Minuteman
Jan 28, 2018
Perth ,Western Australia
Hi Guys and Girls
I have acquired with a large buy of optics and reloading gear one of these old Mk4 scopes
After a little web searching i have pretty much come to the conclusion that it is a
Leupold Mark 4 8.5-25×50 LR/T M1 with illuminated Mil reticle
I Am a little confused but
I put it in the vise and checked it at 100 and it is a Mill dot reticle ,, but seems it has MOA turrets , is this correct ?
It is also A SFP ret
I have a Bushnell LRTS 4.5 to 18 i love on my creedmoor but this old leupold has some really nice glass
Im trying to decie to keep it to maybe stick it on something in the future or just sell it and put the money towards a nice 1-8 for my 7.62 russian Howa Mini Action
Whats one of these old girls worth
thanks for your time guys

Turret assessment is correct. That's was sucks the most about these old MK4's - the mixed reticle and turrets. They are 50 cal rated and provide a decent amount of elevation adjustment so I suppose it has those going for it. My guess on the value (here anyway) is $900ish.

Reactions: tnichols
Hopefully some of the other guys will chime in on the value. Again that was just a guess. SFP and I believe no zero stop is also problematic. I have a 4.5-14 MK4 and its been very good optic.

Had a couple of them back in the day. Mixed ret with turrets is a bit of a hassle. Tracking was hit and miss (no pun intended). Both ended up back at the factory for service/repair. Leupold CS was great with proper repair and an acceptable turn around. One was sold as a complete system (rifle, optic, etc...), the other resides on a 10/22 these days. Glass itself is good enough for sure. If you decide to sell, it’s worth what you can get for it.

Note that the Leupold Custom Shop can retrofit mil turrets on most of their Marks 4s, and swap out the reticle if you're feeling ambitious. That's a good way to update an older scope that's already paid for or bought cheap, to a more modern configuration.

Reactions: tnichols